Is there a 'normal' temperature range? C220 CDI

E

E-Class

No mistake.

The Mercedes independant quoted me £324 which included coolant change.

My local garage quoted me £225.

I'm sure when I had the stat changed on my E220 CDI it was no more than £150 and that was over 2 years ago from the same Indy!!

I called my local Mercedes and they said the stat was £37.50.

Makes you think doesn't it...

If I was any closer to Super Suffolk Alex, I'd book it in!

Last edited by a moderator:

roscodavis

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Estate
E220 CDI low temperature

Hello,

I am new to this forum and so I am sorry if I am asking a question which has been asked hundred's of time. I have a 2005 E220 CDI estate which has covered 130K, my uncle has a similar car and he often gets upper 40MPG ours on a long run will only return 37mpg at best. I have looked on the internet and it is suggesting that temp has an influence on MPG. Our car only shows between 40-60 on the temp gauge, is this the first place to look and if so is it a difficult job to do yourself. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

J

jmoser

Welcome to the forum.

Definitely sounds like a thermostat issue there pal. When my old S203 was running cold it was that part that was at fault.

If you hang on a little better-informed members than me will be along to give alternative explanations in greater detail.

Hope that helps

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
As above, does sound like the failing thermostat is to blame for the poor MPG.

I would advise buying a new part from Mercedes (as opposed to a cheaper one) @ circa £48 +vat.
It is not a very difficult DIY, and if you have a look on the forum or search the web I am sure you will find a guide somewhere.

J

jmoser

There seems to be a, er, um, (trying desperately to repress hysterical laughter)

vacancy

on this forum at present Alex.

Fancy a job???? Couldn't you, Star and Steve at Avantgarde jobshare at least?

Your ignoramuses need you.

dobermann

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI/2013/2.1
Just had my thermostat replaced on Saturday, purchased my 2005 220 CDI (W203) about 11 months ago and the temperature gauge was reading under 80c in summer and about 70-75 c in winter. Now the gauge shows about 85c.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom