Is white a show off colour on a car.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
It's interesting. I would rarely not buy a car because of its colour but I do tend to avoid white and black because of cleaning issues. If a totally free choice I'd be looking at metallic blue, green, silver or grey. I too feel the primer flat grey cars may look very odd once the fashion has worn off. Having said what I'd have as free choice and what we avoid here is the actual colour tally for our cars give or take a few...

Red 10
White 9
Flat green 9
Flat blue 7
Met blue 6
Met green 5
Met silver 5
Met grey 4
Yellow 4
Flat maroon 3
Black 3
Flat brown 3
Flat sand/cream 3
Met gold 2
Met brown 1
Flat purple 1

It shows despite not seeking white it slipped through the net nine times.

flying haggis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
My CLS SB is metallic blue/black (depends on the light) and next time I will go back to silver as my preferred choice . Would never consider a white car.

Droverunner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 CLK 220 CDi Sport. 2014 S-Max 2.0TDCi.
>>>I do not like Black interiors.

I far prefer cream or light beige, even grey, leather but so often end up with black. As shown below for cars owned...

Interiors...

Black 36
Brown 8
Blue 8
Cream/Beige 7
Red 6
Green 5
Grey 5

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Love White cars, most if not all, look good in White, particularly with Black accents, also like Bright Red, again with Black accents, if you don't like washing your motor, get Silver definitely the Best colour for not showing dirt, Black is Magnificent when clean, but unfortunately only stays clean for about 5 minutes, also like Orange or Yellow on certain cars, for example, Ron's AMG CLA looks great, and as for interior colour Red of Porcelain if possible, Black as a last resort, all only my opinion of course. ;) :)

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
when you buy second hand you can't be that choosey with the colour. I've found that my choice of car has been quite limited by other things anyway eg there were never many Senators for sale or 3.0 Elite Omegas. When buying my ML (that happened to be 'vermillion' ... not brown! :rolleyes:) I was more concerned that it had Airmatic, not vinyl seating & lighting that was better than the candle power of my R Class.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
when you buy second hand you can't be that choosey with the colour. I've found that my choice of car has been quite limited by other things anyway eg there were never many Senators for sale or 3.0 Elite Omegas. When buying my ML (that happened to be 'vermillion' ... not brown! :rolleyes:) I was more concerned that it had Airmatic, not vinyl seating & lighting that was better than the candle power of my R Class.
You can to a certain extent if you are prepared to wait for the right one to show it's face. It took me six months to find my colour combination in the right car. I am now looking for an SLC in the same colour and trim. So far in 2/3 months of looking there has been a Diesel SLC in that colour but I am prepared to wait for a Petrol whether it be a SLC200 or SLC300 :)

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Colour has always been right at the bottom of my list when looking at the next purchase , basically I couldn't really care less although I agree some cars suit some colours.
Black and white are not colours anyway.
Black is- all the other colours mixed together....:)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Love White cars, most if not all, look good in White, particularly with Black accents, also like Bright Red, again with Black accents, if you don't like washing your motor, get Silver definitely the Best colour for not showing dirt, Black is Magnificent when clean, but unfortunately only stays clean for about 5 minutes, also like Orange or Yellow on certain cars, for example, Ron's AMG CLA looks great, and as for interior colour Red of Porcelain if possible, Black as a last resort, all only my opinion of course. ;) :)
Horses for courses :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Very much the same here, although I’ve never yet found a metallic blue car when I’ve been looking. I do want one though!

My Father has an Estoril Blue BMW X1, gorgeous colour and so it BMW's "Snapper Rocks", friend has a 240i Gran Coupe in it

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The only car I would EVER own in White would be an Audi Ur Quattro (It was a Pearl White) and even then I would want it in Red

Reactions: DSK

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My Father has an Estoril Blue BMW X1, gorgeous colour and so it BMW's "Snapper Rocks", friend has a 240i Gran Coupe in it
I prefer the Estoril Blue to the Snapper Rocks Blue. Estoril is also better than my Brilliant Blue me thinks :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The only car I would EVER own in White would be an Audi Ur Quattro (It was a Pearl White) and even then I would want it in Red
Audi is about the only car that white does suit, I like the A4 in white too :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I was after a Palladium or Tenorite grey E63 with a light interior when I last changed my car. I never did find that combination, but settled on an Obsidian Black exterior with crystal grey upholstery. Not my favourite paint colour at all, but redeemed by the interior. After 6 years in an all black interior I wanted a change. Apart from the incessant cleaning to keep it looking good, I'm happy with my choice. The next car won't be black though!
9d64b371775e4ecfbc15c50107b6d8e3[2].jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Nice interior but that exterior might take some selling…:oops:

45E54D44-795C-4529-BFC0-5ED4A78B4320.jpeg

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom