Jensen Interceptor

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
only the ones numbered 1 to 45
How long did it take you to check and double check that there wasn't a 46? :D

Have to say that considering all the talk and apparent apprecation for this beautiful machine, I am very surprised that I am still currently the only person to have liked the photos. :confused:

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
I’ve always loved them *swoons*

tjamesbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 CLK430, 2007 VITO 3.0V6 , W124's (1994 320TE , 1993 220TE ) , 07 2.5 X-Type
I’ve always loved them *swoons*
They still look good today styling wise nothing looks wrong ( e types were good but the wheels were too far inboard which spoils them ) the jensen is pretty near perfect

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
I went to grammar school in the early to mid 70's in Oldbury only a few miles from the factory in West Brom and when I was walking to school on a Friday morning there was the sound of thunder from around 1/2 a mile away gradually getting closer and then 3 Interceptors on trade plates in convoy would rumble past. The noise would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and send a shiver down my spine. I was a petrol head from an early age but that sound just reinforced it for me..

Then in the late 70's I started working for Mintex and we used to supply the Jensen factory and parts dept. with Brake Pads as OEM...

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
They still look good today styling wise nothing looks wrong ( e types were good but the wheels were too far inboard which spoils them ) the jensen is pretty near perfect

I agree with you regarding the 'E' Type. They did address that with the V12 though and that was a far nicer looking car in my view. :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Back in the early 70s (South Africa) a guy who owned an engineering business around the corner from where I worked, had a Jensen interceptor. I stopped there many times to drool at the car and one day he came out and took me for a drive.....never forgotten it & always loved them.

If I had the $$$ there would be one in my collection next to an E-type & MB SL of that era.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Back in the early 70s (South Africa) a guy who owned an engineering business around the corner from where I worked, had a Jensen interceptor. I stopped there many times to drool at the car and one day he came out and took me for a drive.....never forgotten it & always loved them.

If I had the $$$ there would be one in my collection next to an E-type & MB SL of that era.

This is a friends 'E' type which he bought in California and converted it to RHD. The picture is of him doing the conversion. It is absolutely like new and he loves it. A big improvement over his previous pretend AC Cobra :rolleyes:

1625560349211.png

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

This was mine for about 12 years. A labour of love. Sold it because just wasn't driving as much as I should have . Recovering from some health issues. Very fond memories. Rebuilt everything except the fuel tank and the rear diff. 552bhp and 560 lbs ft
Still a stylish looking car ....

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
My mates dad had an Interceptor when I was about 14. It was the first time that I had been over 130 mph in a car. So much faster than my dad's Cortina Mk3 1.6 auto

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
View attachment 69244 View attachment 69245 View attachment 69246 parked in front of me in Banbury Aldi today , looked completely original , even had the obligatory oil leak, no obvious rust though . My dad had one when I was about 10 , a very very long time ago.
Large dollops of respect to whoever is keeping this beauty on the road

Interceptor III J Series. Mine was HOV 300L. @VARINDER SEHDEVA I remember you building the car and we met at the Unwanted Heat Christmas Party. (Wallace.)

Last edited:

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Jenson was an amazing car would have loved to have owned one if i had the money, but at least there is a firm nowadays that have all the blueprints and tooling machines to make the body panels and other items to keep these beauties on the road, i know my late Dad would have drooled at having one but he spent too much time in the bookies losing money! Ha!

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
The sills had to be perfect as they held the reserve vacuum for the brake servo..... My father had the predecessor - the CV8, He bought a 4 year old one back in 1968 ish for about £1200. Brilliant car but some thought them ugly..
I'm not being pedantic, the CV8 and Interceptor used the chassis tubes as a vacuum reservoir and they tend to rot at the rear where there is a dirt trap. Another problem can be people drilling holes for P clips!

Do you know the registration of your Father's CV8 or better still the chassis number? I can ask if the car has survived.

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
Interceptors do seem to dissolve before your eyes, mine did and a CV8 I replaced a lot of metal on wasn't much better.
Brave is the person who uses the factory jacking point!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I forgot to mention the Interusters 30 year warranty it rebuilt mine ...............................

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you know the registration of your Father's CV8 or better still the chassis number? I can ask if the car has survived.

Unfortunately it didn't survive. It was T-boned, luckily, on the empty passenger side when my father was driving home one evening when a drunk driver drove straight out of a side road. Fortunately, 2 cars back was a panda car and the officers saw it happen. My father was sat on a wall waiting for the recovery truck and the police were interviewing the drunk driver in the panda when a transit driver, rubber necking the drunks wrecked car one side of the road, ran straight into the front of the CV8.... That was the final straw. When I got there the CV8 was a total wreck and being dragged onto the back of the transporter. I wondered how my father had got out alive until the police officer told me about the Transit hitting it after he was out ... Still, he had a good 9 years of fun with it.

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
A lucky escape and an unusual story, do you remember the registration number? I can contact the CV8 Registrar and see what information he has. It would make an interesting article for the JOC magazine.

Mike.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A lucky escape and an unusual story, do you remember the registration number? I can contact the CV8 Registrar and see what information he has. It would make an interesting article for the JOC magazine.

Mike.
I can't remember the reg number - it was a little while ago! I know he bought it from All Electric Garages in Harborne, Birmingham. I see the company are still going today! I remember taking a couple of pics of it the next day at the yard it had been recovered to - with a Polaroid instant camera. I don't know what he did with them. He didn't see the full carnage after the transit hit it as the ambulance arrived shortly afterwards and carted him off to hospital for a check over.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom