Looking for CLK500 Cabrio... Carlsson kit????

Big Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C280 2008 3Ltr
Hi guys,

new to here, first post. Ive just sold my c280 sport (2007) facelift. Had so many problems with the car losing power completely and engine warning light coming on. Car went back to MB 8 times in 2 years, sure all they did was turn the light off and give me the car back without checking it out. Lost my love for the car so had to go.

Fancied a v8 drop top a TRUE GERMAN GRAND TOURER.... Had a clk320 cabrio (2003) facelift, before but had so many problems with the roof getting stuck both down and up and a really bad rattle, felt like the car was shaking at 50mph+ from 20,000 miles. Lost so much money buying the clk320 and c280 new when first released, and both cars seemed to have so many teething problems upon release so not really keen to buy them brand new on release again.

Ideally I wanted to get the clk500 coupe or cabrio next but wanted to know if later models had any of these problems as I dont want to buy a car I cant use again. Also looking to get it worked over by carlsson, quad exhaust etc. wondered if anyone had used any of there kit before.

Thanks for all your help.

Jonny

OP
B

Big Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C280 2008 3Ltr
Or would it be worth buying a year or so older than I was planning and instead opting for the clk55amg??

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom