Mercedes Sprinter 311 CDI ECU Burn Out And EDC Light On

shanky

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Sprinter LWB 311 CDI
Hi,

I have a Mercedes Sprinter 51 Reg, problems occurred when my ECU Had burn out when the engine had cut out, and the EDC Light Had Stayed On, i had replaced the ECU Kit,with Ignition barrel and transponder the van had started perfect but asoon as i drove it and the engine had cut out and same problem occurred where ecu had burnt out and EDC light was still on AGAIN....:(

Will some one please explain what the problem could be and can it be rectified

Robbostanhill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 Estate 2003 and *Her* C220 W203
Sounds like a really bad earth problem to me... Too high current going through the ECU instead of the strap maybe ?

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Rubbed through wires in the engine loom. Check fuse 15/16 they shod be blue15amp they should blow first.

Usually camshaft sensor wire rubbed on the rocker.

Maidenmerc

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes sprinter 2002 , long wheel based .
Hey everyone ! New member and having the same issue , I’ve changed and primed my filter and the edc light and fuel contamination light are still on. Only getting to 40mph in fourth lower gears suck at less than 10 ? I’m going to tape up wires like I’ve seen on some one else’s post just wondering if anyone else has any ideas ?

A truly one stop site for Mercedes owners. Very experienced – friendly – down to earth – cost effective repairs offering either genuine or same quality parts so that you do not compromise your Mercedes heritage or reliability. Tel: 01406 422457fleetroadgarage.co.uk
Top Bottom