1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ML Spare Wheel Carrier

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by seagrin, May 17, 2011.

1. seagrin

seagrin New Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML270CDI 2003
    Hi all, i am looking for the spare wheel carrier for the ML series. i have a 163 and need to carry a real full size spare and i would like to find a second hand carrier.'these are the ones that sit up outside the rear of the vehicle and swing away when opning the rear tailgate - apparently! my ML is white if that has to be taken into consideration.
    cheers

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
  3. JEZ.S320L

JEZ.S320L Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
    They look soooo naff.!

Impractical too - unlock and swing to one side everytime you want to lift the tailgate.!

4. jibcl500

jibcl500 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500,ML55,SLK280
    Did you ML have the wheel carrier fitted from factory? if not then the ML has two versions of the rear spring, one for the ML with the carrier and one without.
    My ML had the carrier fitted at factory but before I bought the car it had been removed, as a result the backend on mine stands 2 inches taller at than my mates ML so should you fit the carrier to an ML with the wrong springs fitted you might find the backend sits low.

jib