ML350 - Fault Code -102100

stevebaines246

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate
I can confirm after getting mine mapped again it's been ok , same ECU is used on different models it might not have the exact software for your varient, my advice take it to a reputable tuner like GAD
Thanks for the reply

tetenpanne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Classe C350
Bonjour à tous
j'ai ce même code erreur le 102100
qui apparaît pendant un long trajet.
C'est quoi la solution au problème.
Merci de votre réponse
car en vous lisant je n'"y comprends rien

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello everyone
I have this same error code 102100
that appears during a long drive.
What is the solution to the problem.
Thank you for your reply
because by reading you I don't understand anything
Hello and welcome,

Worth posting in English if you can as you’ll get more response, most members are British and we’re well known for not understanding any other languages… ;) :)

supernoodle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2005 2.1D
Control Unit, Internal Error I expect is a monitoring fault. Ecu's run a parallel monitoring process, with completely independent maps. If the results do not align, the ECU will reset and/or throw an error.
It could be a genuine error with something gone wrong, but if you have a remap, that is a likely culprit. Especially if you see it multiple times. Chip tuners can't usually bypass the monitoring.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Frankl
Control Unit, Internal Error I expect is a monitoring fault. Ecu's run a parallel monitoring process, with completely independent maps. If the results do not align, the ECU will reset and/or throw an error.
It could be a genuine error with something gone wrong, but if you have a remap, that is a likely culprit. Especially if you see it multiple times. Chip tuners can't usually bypass the monitoring.
Frankly, a good reason not to f about with a"working" as designed system.. When I wanted a rocket I had the vdoz, when I got tired of Peter n Jane constantly tryin to sit on my boot I got an ml. Now I want a no pc required, fix with 6 spanners or lovely, s tight kind of motor.

tetenpanne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Classe C350
Unité de contrôle, erreur interne Je pense qu'il s'agit d'un défaut de surveillance. Les écus exécutent un processus de surveillance parallèle, avec des cartes complètement indépendantes. Si les résultats ne s'alignent pas, l'ECU se réinitialise et/ou génère une erreur.
Il peut s'agir d'une véritable erreur avec quelque chose qui ne va pas, mais si vous avez un remappage, c'est probablement un coupable. Surtout si vous le voyez plusieurs fois. Les tuners à puce ne peuvent généralement pas contourner la surveillance.
Bonjour super nouille,
c'est quoi faire un remappage?

7797archer

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63s
Hi guys,
For anyone thats interested in dtc 102100, its a tuning protection error.
Ive just been sent a in a tuning file to fix with the same issue. ive extracted the dtc definition from a hex/a2l

Attachments

• 1021.PNG
    1021.PNG
    62.2 KB · Views: 51

naim naim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e350 2011
Hi i have same issues anyone help, fault code "102100 the control unite has an internal fault"

anyone know about this fault

Thank you

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Get your car unmapped and buy a car you want your car to be.

Merc engineers know a thing or two about designing and making a working product, why people feel the need to manipulate is beyond me.

naim naim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e350 2011

Merc engineers know a thing or two about designing and making a working product, why people feel the need to manipulate is beyond me.
Hi thanks for your reply, i bought this car last month and im not sure if this car has been remapped or no?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Merc engineers are like AN Other manufactures' engineers, they have to build a car that is all things to all men in all countries.

naim naim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e350 2011
Merc engineers are like AN Other manufactures' engineers, they have to build a car that is all things to all men in all countries.
I'm stil confused, so you guys think my car has remapped and this is why im having this problem if is yes then im happy to unmapped car but im not sure if this car has remapped.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
How pray tell would we know if your car has been mapped given we have had no access to any part of it?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
.... so you guys think my car has remapped and this is why im having this problem if is yes then im happy to unmapped car but im not sure if this car has remapped.
I wasn't really making the assumption .... just pointing out to Mioba that MB are aren't the B all & End all re making cars .... Mioba would like to think that MB even make their own parts! lol

shripadpatil

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C350
bumping up this thread since I came across with this issue ..
My C350 shows EML with 102100 code ('Control module has an internal error') after driving 75-85 miles.. I have replaced Aux battery but still the issue persists
1f61e.png

And it hasn’t be remapped recently afaik .. please advise on what can be done is this case.. what’s a permanent fix?

stevebaines246

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate
I’ve been waiting to update my post, had the same issue with my e350. I took it to Mercedes’ who simply said replace ecu. I since took it to Avon Tuning Bristol and they performed an ecu diagnostic, discovered that the car had been remapped prior to my purchase. They informed me that the remap was unsophisticated and whomever did it deleted a host of error codes in the process. They remapped it for me again, this time with with one of theirs.the issue hasn’t returned and the vehicle is entirely different. performs exceptionally mpg is better too.

To conclude I can’t speak exactly for yours, but in my case a cheap remap was the issue probably done with a bit of kit from eBay. Moral of the story is, pay for decent service with these cars and they’ll last. Try and cut corners and you’ll pay twice.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom