Mobilo -a Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
Email sent but I feel guilty about not noticing the link by Bobcat ....:mad: My bad and apologies.. I blame the morphine.

I am not looking forward to getting the reply to my request simply because if Mobilio has been outsourced to the RAC, will we here in the southwest suffer from a third-rate service??? A friend of my wife is in her 80's, her car broke down, she is in the RAC, contacted this organisation, reported the problem and then waited.. and waited. After one hour, she contacted the RAC, stated she was on her own and was eighty years of age.. It still took OVER EIGHT HOURS for the RAC to attend... Yup at lady eighty years of age, on her own and left stranded by that organisation. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The excuse given by the RAC was........ Wait for it.. I am guessing folks will have guessed already.. COVID

Perhaps not in the way we might think but I guess also in the way we think.. Possibly short staffed but because of travel restrictions stopping folks from going abroad, the roads leading into God's country were all choc-a-bloc with traffic and as a result, a gazillion cars breaking down!!! If Mobilio is out-sourced to the RAC, then will we have to wait for this over-stretched organisation to get to us? I most certainly would NOT be happy if my wife was stranded for two hours let alone eight. I will expect better from Mercedes-Benz

Whewwwww

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
The excuse given by the RAC was........ Wait for it.. I am guessing folks will have guessed already.. COVID

Ah, the good old COVID excuse. Parcelfarce answerphone message states (in summary), they can't be bothered to answer calls or deliver parcels because of the "current situation" (whatever that is).

Wonder how long that'll last.

Last edited:

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah, the good old COVID excuse. Parcelfarce answerphone message states (in summary), they can't be bothered to answer calls or deliver parcels because of the "current situation" (whatever that is).

What really annoys me is that they knew full well that there was an 80yr old lady, on her own and stranded.. Surely any decent human being would not sit back?

I would not give a flying fig what the rules were. If I was a controller, I guarantee that the next available vehicle would have gone to her assistance.

And screw those that disagree ;)

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
I agree, could not fault the service before, however in only a matter of a couple of years service seems to have gone downhill and they couldn’t care less.

Merc need do a better job of training its suppliers to their own exacting standards of customer service if they are selling those services under the guise of Merc. I am sure some customers are unaware and think they are getting a completely Merc service and so continue to pay high Merc service costs. I know I would undoubtedly feel mislead by Merc.. in fact that is exactly how I feel right now!

Having said that, I am sorry your wife’s friend had such a horrific experience. I also cannot understand how anyone, no matter what age, wouldn’t put her call down as a priority... It’s just common decency...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

That's till the next excuse comes along, rabies, Martians anything.

The now thankfully diminishing fuel shortage is somehow nothing to do with an Industry that outsourced its delivery and didn't keep its eyes on the ball with drivers till it was too late.

Then suddenly wanted us "the guvvernment" to dig them out when the media started stirring it up.

Please if you manage or run anything letting someone else run it does not mean you take your eye off the ball.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That's till the next excuse comes along, rabies, Martians anything.

The now thankfully diminishing fuel shortage is somehow nothing to do with an Industry that outsourced its delivery and didn't keep its eyes on the ball with drivers till it was too late.

Then suddenly wanted us "the guvvernment" to dig them out when the media started stirring it up.

Please if you manage or run anything letting someone else run it does not mean you take your eye off the ball.
Hi Frontstep,
Are you seriously blaming the government for not predicting a significant number of car drivers acted like leemings and caused this problem?

Everyone accepts that at present there is a shortage of truck drivers and should HGV tests have been cancelled because of this awful virus? Hind-sight is a terrific 'talent' for us folk who can sit back and criticise but let's be fair about this farcical behaviour by panicking motorists..

Is it our government's fault that there is a shortage of truck drivers in Europe? Is it our government's fault that there is a shortage of truck drivers in the USA?
Did those locations experience panic buying the same as we have done? Yup, lets blame the government for the selfish, stupid, irresponsible, idiotic behavior of mindless idiotics. The sad joke is that if any of those idiots were interviewed... They were NOT panic buying....'No sir, not me sir, it's the government's fault!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi Frontstep,
Are you seriously blaming the government for not predicting a significant number of car drivers acted like leemings and caused this problem?

Everyone accepts that at present there is a shortage of truck drivers and should HGV tests have been cancelled because of this awful virus? Hind-sight is a terrific 'talent' for us folk who can sit back and criticise but let's be fair about this farcical behaviour by panicking motorists..

Is it our government's fault that there is a shortage of truck drivers in Europe? Is it our government's fault that there is a shortage of truck drivers in the USA?
Did those locations experience panic buying the same as we have done? Yup, lets blame the government for the selfish, stupid, irresponsible, idiotic behavior of mindless idiotics. The sad joke is that if any of those idiots were interviewed... They were NOT panic buying....'No sir, not me sir, it's the government's fault!
That’s not the point he made, he’s saying it’s an industry problem that they now want the government to deal with.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Blobcat
Thank you for trying to explain that and I guess it is me not getting his\her point. What is an 'industry shortage' please?

Industry = economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi Blobcat
Thank you for trying to explain that and I guess it is me not getting his\her point. What is an 'industry shortage' please?

Industry = economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories.
Bad planning by senior management…

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Apologies for being so dense and it's a pity Frontstep cannot explain his\hers point to me

'Bad Planning'

Because the government never predicted COVID

Ahhhhh Are they blaming industry for not predicting COVID or driver shortages? I am grasping at straws purely because I do not understand what he is saying.. Gobble de gook has always been my first language so I guess I sometimes struggle with the written word

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Apologies for being so dense and it's a pity Frontstep cannot explain his\hers point to me

'Bad Planning'

Because the government never predicted COVID

Ahhhhh Are they blaming industry for not predicting COVID or driver shortages? I am grasping at straws purely because I do not understand what he is saying.. Gobble de gook has always been my first language so I guess I sometimes struggle with the written word
I’d have another Java if I were you, @Frontstep will no doubt be along later. Not everyone is on here 24/7…

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’d have another Java if I were you, @Frontstep will no doubt be along later. Not everyone is on here 24/7…
Totally agree but folks keep baffling me.. I would have another java if I knew where it was, but whilst I have your attention, where is the correct location to post pictures of your car please? I have added pictures to several threads but should I put pictures of my 'stretched limo' in the correct location? Once It the answer I will delete this post as enough is enuff!!:oops::oops:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Totally agree but folks keep baffling me.. I would have another java if I knew where it was, but whilst I have your attention, where is the correct location to post pictures of your car please? I have added pictures to several threads but should I put pictures of my 'stretched limo' in the correct location? Once It the answer I will delete this post as enough is enuff!!:oops::oops:
Please don’t delete posts or threads as that is the information that new members use for help.

With regard to pictures, below is the art gallery for your limo van

You can also add media on your profile making folders and the like.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Right....

Straight from the horse's mouth. neighhhhhh

I have just spoken to the General Service Manager at our local dealership at Exeter and contrary to what some folks are suggesting, the RAC coverage is NOT a nationwide policy!!

Whenever I have stated we here in the South-West that are covered by the Exeter area get a dealer-based technician,I have always emphasised that I can only speak for this very specific area, and that is still the case.

The reason given for this stance is simply because the dealership wants that 'personal touch'

How on earth it can achieve this must be a challenge, when we consider this dealership covers not just the south coast of Devon through into Dorset, but also the North Coast into Somerset. A HUGE area unlike what we used to have which was an excellent dealer that covered just South Devon.

I was told however that not many other locations use their own technicians to cover the Mobilio work.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I have just spoken to the General Service Manager at our local dealership at Exeter and contrary to what some folks are suggesting, the RAC coverage is NOT a nationwide policy!!
Maybe point him in the direction of his own web page and see what he says then?

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe point him in the direction of his own web page and see what he says then?

rf.... I think you post is a bit daft. PLEASE read my post before putting pen to paper ;);)

You will see in my second sentence that I was just talking about the Exeter dealership. I was very, very, very specific about the coverage AND the dealership. Look at my original post and further on I again get very specific and mention the showroom, Yes, Exeter was not in red but I have highlighted it so even you can see what location I am talking about.

Whenever I have stated we here in the South-West that are covered by the Exeter area get a dealer-based technician,I have always emphasised that I can only speak for this very specific area, and that is still the case.

Note how I have named the very specific location within this Southwest franchise. I spoke personally to the General Service Manager at the Exeter showrooms and then submitted this post minutes afterwards.

You then expect me to question whether he gave me a full and frank answer?? Deep breaths..... NOT going to happen.

Might I very respectfully suggest to you that rather than doubt the word of this gentleman, you actually take the time and look up the size of this franchaise and the thousands of square miles it covers :eek::eek::eek: Did I say thousands of square miles.. That is me having a guesstimate but I bet I am not far out. I have no idea how many 'showrooms' there are with the Southwest franchise but trust me, I am guessing it is more than three or four and I have NO idea if they are covered by the RAC, but the gentleman I spoke to gave me the impression our location might be the only one but please do NOT quote me on that as I did not quite understand what he said. Exeter is either the only one or one of a few... Take your pick but the bottom-line is what I posted!!

I will say this again so there is NO misunderstanding. The Exeter Mercedes-Benz Main dealership still uses their own technicians for Mobilio work!!

I do NOT doubt the word of the gentleman I spoke to but if you still think you are right in your suggestion, then instead of looking things up on the Internet, phone the EXETER dealership... Here's their number 01392-822700 ask them before doubting someones word!!

When I accidentally give inaccurate information, I am the first to hold my hands up and apologise. Hopefully you will do the same?

Apologies if I am being a tad too blunt but I am not used to being doubted on something that I am 100% sure is correct.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MercedesSouthwest in total have five dealerships. I have NO idea how big an area their Taunton dealership covers so to make thing easy to understand.. Their Devon and Cornwall franchaise covers 3966 square miles so if we were to add the Taunton area we are well into the 4,000 mark

Dealerships:
Exeter
Plymouth
Truro
Taunton
Truro
Digital Team

Now here's a tip
If you want a new or nearly new car, you can obviously use something like Carwow, but if you want to use the Mercedes Showroom and you are not confident about negotiating a good deal... I have used the Mercedes Digital Team.. Not a lot of people of heard of them but hey ho.. You have now heard it from a man on the Internet.

You can buy direct from this Digital Team or if you are like me, you can get their price over the phone and then off to the main dealer and watch them suck air through their teeth. ;)

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
rf.... I think you post is a bit daft. PLEASE read my post before putting pen to paper ;);)

I think your daft for listening to someone in a Mercedes dealership, it's not like they don't pull the wool over peoples eyes everyday for a living, is it?
Why on earth would Mercedes hand the whole Mobilo section over to the RAC and let Mercedes South West carry on as normal?

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think your daft for listening to someone in a Mercedes dealership, it's not like they don't pull the wool over peoples eyes everyday for a living, is it?
Why on earth would Mercedes hand the whole Mobilo section over to the RAC and let Mercedes South West carry on as normal?
WHY are you doubting my word? Instead of making these allegations, I have given you the number of the Exeter dealership... Why don't you 'put up, or shut-up?' Dead simple.

Saying I am daft for taking the word of the General Service Manager is offensive.

I called out Mobilio in January of this year... That was a technician from the Exeter dealership in their Vito technicians van.

I guess you are also calling me a liar?

Instead of making these offensive allegations, you or anyone else is invited to phone the number I gave and then speak to someone that can confirm or deny what I said...... Ooops I fogot,

You know best.
You know that Exeter use the RAC.
You know the General Service Manager is lying.
You know I am lying.

What can anyone say to convince you that you are plain WRONG

Don't forget, I am ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE EXETER DEALERSHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom