Mobilo -a Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Even if Mobilo was running on my car it'd be of limited use to me. They would only recover my caravan if the car broke down, the caravan itself isn't covered. Also my £120 paid to Green Flag, under the guise of Mayday, covers Emily in her car as well as her Mum & me in what ever car we're driving or passenger in.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
From my point of view, even if the benefits are limited it's something for nothing. I had no idea this assistance existed. I'll make sure the number is stored on my phone.

Well, it's not for nothing - you have to have the car dealer serviced. Plus of course if the car does need to be recovered then it'll be taken to an MB dealer - you may be fine with that, but few people with older cars would want that. The hire car side of it does seems to work pretty well though.

I relied on it for years (without ever testing it) and used it to justify the extra cost of dealer servicing but became concerned after seeing reports of people having issues using Mobilo, and then I saw the internal document I attached earlier. So I have full AA cover now.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
I must confess that here in the south-west we are very lucky that when we need to call out mobilo, we have the local dealership technician turn up in a break-down vehicle. Am I correct in thinking that 'up-country' there are some areas where this is not the case.

We have owned our car from new which was way back in February 04 and yup, we have had to call this service on a number of occasions and cannot praise this service enough. 5 stars to Mercedes-Benz UK

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I really do not understand the confusion regarding if we are covered or not..... If in doubt give Mobilo a shout

It is that simple. Folks here have kindly posted the number we need to call. You get through to an English speaking operator, they have access to the service history and if you are covered hey presto.

What is interesting is that different areas here in the UK have different coverage. By this I mean you might be visited by the RAC or here in the Exeter dealership coverage, it has always been one of their technicians in a fully equipped Vito type van.

When we had problems with the rear suspension, Mobilio came out, decided the car had to go on a flatbed to Exeter. As this was being done, we were contacted by Enterprise who arranged for a 'like for like' car to be delivered to our home address.

Not sure about 'corrosion from the inside out; I say this only because I have not seen modern Mercedes suffering from this issue?? I have read about lots of goodwill repairs on the 210, but are Mercedes still doing this?

Our experience is that a flat battery was DEFINITELY covered

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I really do not understand the confusion regarding if we are covered or not..... If in doubt give Mobilo a shout

It is that simple. Folks here have kindly posted the number we need to call. You get through to an English speaking operator, they have access to the service history and if you are covered hey presto.

What is interesting is that different areas here in the UK have different coverage. By this I mean you might be visited by the RAC or here in the Exeter dealership coverage, it has always been one of their technicians in a fully equipped Vito type van.

When we had problems with the rear suspension, Mobilio came out, decided the car had to go on a flatbed to Exeter. As this was being done, we were contacted by Enterprise who arranged for a 'like for like' car to be delivered to our home address.

Not sure about 'corrosion from the inside out; I say this only because I have not seen modern Mercedes suffering from this issue?? I have read about lots of goodwill repairs on the 210, but are Mercedes still doing this?

Our experience is that a flat battery was DEFINITELY covered
Have a search on the forum for subframe issues if you wish to read about corrosion from the inside on (relatively) modern Mercedes

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Rear subframes rust and Mobilo are two totally different things. So not sure as to relevance here.

Rust inside out is covered by mercedes so called inside out perforation gurantee (30 year)

Mobilo depending on the year of your car is an annual renewal of a specific roadside assistance package provided the car serviced at MB.

The only causual link is having the car serviced at MB where 1) automatic renewal of mobilo occurs and 2) they "should" inspect for corrosion. Sadly they dont as this could and would trigger costs at thier own initiative.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Something I never realised until I have just been going through the terms and conditions of Mobilo.

Who here knew that AMG owners have a different contact number as opposed to that which us mere mortals use?

Mercedes-AMG vehicles:
call the AMG Service Hotline 00800 264 777 7777

Knock me down with a feather... Us mere mortals that do not own the AMG or Maybach?? Yup more about that in a sec

UK folk wanting Mobilo now phone

+44 (0)207 975 7077 (we have always used a 00800 number but hey ho, times change)

For all you folks that own a Maybach

Mercedes-Maybach vehicles: Call the Mercedes-Maybach Service Hotline 00800 4 777 7777

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
The mobilo number is on a blue sticker on the A pillar

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What if you’ve a C or E class…;):oops::rolleyes:
You are testing me with that question :D:D ;) If it is an AMG then you contact that AMG number otherwise we are 'the common working class, non Maybach, non AMG owner'

On all our other Mercedes, the Mobilo number was on the back of the keyfob. Not anymore.

You asked for this.......
.....The mobilo number is on a blue sticker on the A pillar

We don't own an A-class and is a pillar what common speaking, working-class underlings call a pillow? :oops::oops:;):cool:

I will have to locate that number and show 'the boss' where this number is located

128.4mpg and we have still not added one drop of petrol. Petrol level is described as 91% full Dead chuffed

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
You are testing me with that question :D:D ;) If it is an AMG then you contact that AMG number otherwise we are 'the common working class, non Maybach, non AMG owner'

On all our other Mercedes, the Mobilo number was on the back of the keyfob. Not anymore.

We don't own an A-class and is a pillar what common speaking, working-class underlings call a pillow? :oops::oops:;):cool:

I will have to locate that number and show 'the boss' where this number is located

128.4mpg and we have still not added one drop of petrol. Petrol level is described as 91% full Dead chuffed
I suppose I have to ask miles per gallon of what if you ain't using petrol?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Whilst you're doing that have a look for the QR code sticker so the emergency services know how to cut the roof off without setting off the airbags or connecting with the EV or fuel systems.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Whilst you're doing that have a look for the QR code sticker so the emergency services know how to cut the roof off without setting off the airbags or connecting with the EV or fuel systems.
I'm having a hard enough time teaching the wife to jump out of the car, not putting her feet on the ground whilst holding the car bodywork.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
This is the sticker inside my door pillar for Mobilo contact. Its on a 2014 AMG model.
20211008_112500[1].jpg

Since the RAC now handle Mobilo breakdowns, I wonder if the different phone numbers indicate what rescue vehicle to send out.
The one time I used Mobilo because of a user error with the immobilizer, it was a dealer Mercedes van that turned up, not an RAC van.
Perhaps Mercedes feel AMG models are more suited to Mercedes trained tech;s turning up than RAC guys more used to working on non AMG cars?

I don't know, but just putting the idea out.

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the sticker inside my door pillar for Mobilo contact. Its on a 2014 AMG model.
View attachment 71731

Since the RAC now handle Mobilo breakdowns, I wonder if the different phone numbers indicate what rescue vehicle to send out.
The one time I used Mobilo because of a user error with the immobilizer, it was a dealer Mercedes van that turned up, not an RAC van.
Perhaps Mercedes feel AMG models are more suited to Mercedes trained tech;s turning up than RAC guys more used to working on non AMG cars?

I don't know, but just putting the idea out.
I always had that number 00800 number but as you can see you now have the England number.

It is always easy to assume that because the RAC attends for one area, it applies throughout the UK. I checked in I think January of this year and the area covered by the Exeter dealership still uses its own mechanics in their dedicated Vito service vehicle. I am emphasing Exeter as opposed to the Southwest as it is possible that other parts of the same dealership might be different. I live in Torquay and that is covered by Exeter :)

On the drivers side of our vehicle it has a MercedesMe Callout and on the passenger side, is it called a QR Code?? This is plain stupid as my wife does not have and more to the point, does not want a Smart Phone so that QR Code is as much use as a pork chop in a synagogue

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Forgot to say that my experience is that when dialing the 00800 number, I get the impression it goes to a call centre.... Is it in Holland? They simply ask a few details and then the car registration number. This bit is to check the service history of the car. If you use a highly qualified independent Mercedes workshop, then it has to be approved by Mercedes-Benz, I am assuming that would be Mercedes-Benz UK. Does anyone know if such an independent workshop exists?

If it is not approved, and that is who services your pride and joy then no mobilo cover. For peace of mind, I really rate the service but each to their own.

AMG and Maybach having their own number is understandable but why? Yes an AMG vehicle can be expensive but top of the range Mercedes can easily trump the cost of the smaller AMG range?

When I read the Mobilio handbook it has always stated that any bodywork repairs MUST be carried out by an authorised Mercedes workshop. I love that statement as during the seventeen years ownership of our 211 it has been involved in three accidents. ALL three were the fault of the other party (who all admitted liability). Usually the other parties insurance will deal with the repairs but the repair centres they use tend to 'get them in and get them out' as quickly as possible.

I simply INSIST that our vehicle must go to an approved workshop. I have no idea about the quality of workmanship from an insurance repair bodyshop, but the Mercedes approved locations have always been first rate. The main dealer down here if we want it, will also deal with all aspects surrounding the accident. Getting the car taken away on a flatbed and getting Enterprise to supply a like for like vehicle.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
On the drivers side of our vehicle it has a MercedesMe Callout and on the passenger side, is it called a QR Code?? This is plain stupid as my wife does not have and more to the point, does not want a Smart Phone so that QR Code is as much use as a pork chop in a synagogue

As Blobcat explained in Post#193 above, the QR code isn't for our benefit or use. It's for the emergency services in case of a serious accident, not your wife.
This explains it fully.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
It is always easy to assume that because the RAC attends for one area, it applies throughout the UK. I checked in I think January of this year and the area covered by the Exeter dealership still uses its own mechanics in their dedicated Vito service vehicle. I am emphasing Exeter as opposed to the Southwest as it is possible that other parts of the same dealership might be different. I live in Torquay and that is covered by Exeter :)
My understanding was that the whole UK Mobilo in it's entirety was handed over to the RAC, even as far as Mercedes giving the RAC their own breakdown vehicles and some personnel too. Not sure why you would pass the whole process to another company to run and Exeter are telling you they are still covering Mobilo call outs?

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My understanding was that the whole UK Mobilo in it's entirety was handed over to the RAC, even as far as Mercedes giving the RAC their own breakdown vehicles and some personnel too. Not sure why you would pass the whole process to another company to run and Exeter are telling you they are still covering Mobilo call outs?
I am only talking from my personal experience. Exter most definitely were still using their own technicians whilst other dealerships were using the RRAC.

It could be that they are now outsourcing this service and when I am wrong, I hold up my hands and apologise. I will check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom