Mobilo -a Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
Interesting word 'friendly' particularly in Roberts case;);)

Yes, it would seem I that I am not Mercedes-Benz's favourite customer. I keep asking MB to bring me back to the same financial position I was in at November 2005, which, in my opinion is reasonable given the circumstances.

So, I have Issued another Small Claim, £1750 for "loss of use" and tomorrow
another for £3,000, loss of benefit of a Full Mercedes-Benz Service Record.

I had not thought of that one, but, the latest MB Magazine dropped through my letterbox with an interesting advertisement on page 77.

It has become much easier now I have found the web site County Court Forms where you can compete the form, N1, and then you only have to print it out.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Why don't you start a new thread ?.......... this ones about Mobilo, not your fight with MB .......

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why don't you start a new thread ?.......... this ones about Mobilo, not your fight with MB .......

Sorry.:(

I thought that my post would have been of interest, given, that I have lost the Mobilo cover on my car through no fault of mine.

A smilier situation could happen to others, a wrong date stamp etc and the cover is gone, never to return.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
A smilier situation could happen to others, a wrong date stamp etc and the cover is gone, never to return.

Hi Robert.

Sorry to read of this whole saga. We think you meant "similar"? - in which case you are correct, members have failed to enjoy the benefit, when it mattered, due to technicalities. A search might reveal how and when.

Reverting to your general thesis, if the actions of the dealers have effectively deprived you of the "use and enjoyment" of your car, at what point does that become theft? Your car would appear to be a hostage at least.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Robert.

Sorry to read of this whole saga. We think you meant "similar"? - in which case you are correct, members have failed to enjoy the benefit, when it mattered, due to technicalities. A search might reveal how and when.

Reverting to your general thesis, if the actions of the dealers have effectively deprived you of the "use and enjoyment" of your car, at what point does that become theft? Your car would appear to be a hostage at least.

Very true, however I am "taking on board" a previous suggestion and will open a new post which should be interesting too all who have "enjoyed" Mercedes-Benz's Customer service.

I shall start the thread "Its official":D

jimmy_wood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK Cabriolet 320
Where does this info come from?

Do you have a link to a mercedes document or web page? I have just trawled their web-site and cant find any mention of 30 years?

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Do you have a link to a mercedes document or web page? I have just trawled their web-site and cant find any mention of 30 years?

You will find it on the website under Mobilo with respect to breakdown cover.

The rust guarantee you will find in the brochures or price lists for each model available on line or from dealers. In the back of the price lists there is usually a section called "warranty and breakdown cover. Typically it says: -

"Every mercedes-Benz comes with a three year unlimited mileage warranty against manufacturing or materials defects (footnote: applies to vehicles sold in the UK to its Franchised Retailers) and up to 30 years warranty against perforation due to corrosion from the inside out. (footnote: subject to T's and C's, dependent on date of registration, available on request). What's more it's also covered by MB Roadside Assistance -a unique package comprising up to 30 years pan-European breakdown assistance (subject to T's and C's available on request)."

Hope this helps.

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

The rust guarantee you will find in the brochures or price lists for each model available on line or from dealers. In the back of the price lists there is usually a section called "warranty and breakdown cover. Typically it says: -

"Every mercedes-Benz comes with a three year unlimited mileage warranty against manufacturing or materials defects (footnote: applies to vehicles sold in the UK to its Franchised Retailers) and up to 30 years warranty against perforation due to corrosion from the inside out. (footnote: subject to T's and C's, dependent on date of registration, available on request). What's more it's also covered by MB Roadside Assistance -a unique package comprising up to 30 years pan-European breakdown assistance (subject to T's and C's available on request)."

I have written to Mercedes-Benz for a full and true copy of the T&C, no reply to date

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport

I have written to Mercedes-Benz for a full and true copy of the T&C, no reply to date

Just phone Mobilo on 00800 1777 7777 and they will post you the T's and C's.

pvd815

Reaction score
Website
www.boracaybulldogs.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz CLK 320 2005
Hi there, some advice please. My car is a c270 cdi saloon registered march 2004. I was wondering if i could still qualify to reinstate mobilolife to it? the last 2 services was from an indy garage. any advice will be greatly appreciated. ta

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Mercedes Benz don't honour it so why waste your money.

jase71

Reaction score
With a full MB service history on an 05 C Class would Mobilo Life extend to the Australian network? Especially if I continued the servicing in Australia?

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Hi there, some advice please. My car is a c270 cdi saloon registered march 2004. I was wondering if i could still qualify to reinstate mobilolife to it? the last 2 services was from an indy garage. any advice will be greatly appreciated. ta

Yes you can re-instate MobiloLife as in the first post of this thread. Gives excellent cover not just in UK but in Europe too. Similar cover for man and wife (it covers any driver of your car) from the AA or RAC would cost over £100 just for the UK (even with the online discount) and another £100 for equivalent cover for travel in Europe. I find getting this cover free makes dealer servicing very economical at least in the early years of a cars life. And even later on you can always get repairs etc done at an indie and just have the basic services done at a dealer to keep Mobilo intact.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Yes you can re-instate MobiloLife as in the first post of this thread. Gives excellent cover not just in UK but in Europe too. Similar cover for man and wife (it covers any driver of your car) from the AA or RAC would cost over £100 just for the UK (even with the online discount) and another £100 for equivalent cover for travel in Europe. I find getting this cover free makes dealer servicing very economical at least in the early years of a cars life.

....just be aware that, as pointed out in hawk20's original post in this thread, Mobilo's scope becomes quite limited over time.

Other breakdown services are available at lower prices than AA/RAC and if you wanted a backstop, then AutoAid provide coverage for about £35 for a couple. It's a pay & reclaim service which might not suit everyone.
And even later on you can always get repairs etc done at an indie and just have the basic services done at a dealer to keep Mobilo intact.

That's become very hazy. We're seeing more and more posts from people (there have been some this week) saying the dealer quotes specifically note that any additional work called for must be carried out for the service book to be stamped.

I know you assert that if you can prove the work has already been done then the dealer will stamp the book, but it starts to get too messy for most people.

Last edited:
OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Cheap breakdown cover offers limited cover. Full recovery, hotels, homestart etc all add to premiums. Full cover to equal Mobilo costs me over £100 for man and wife plus extra for Europe whenevr I get a quote on a like for like basis. Try the AA and Rac websites.

Mobilo cover reduces after a few years for cars of some ages (see first post) but it is only minor mishaps that you lose - (puncture, lost key etc). The big things are fully covered here and in Europe. We like doing odd day trips/weekends to Europe and usually have a motoring holiday in France and cover for that is dear from the usual breakdown services.

As for extra jobs on services, nearly every case I have seen is avoidable. Here's how: -

If you go in not having checked the work that needs doing on a car of your age and mileage (see service book or the Electronic Service sheets on the MB website) and they find the pads are seriously worn, or the brake fluid needs changing (at two year intervals), then they will (rightly in my opinion) not sign off to say the service and all necessary service items have been done. Why? Because they haven't.

BUT if you get the brake fluid changed before going in for the service, and keep the receipt to show it has been done, then they will and must accept that.

Similarly if you get the brakes done when needed and not turn up with them on their last legs.

(there is a quite separate argument about them advising that your brakes are well worn and may not reach the next service so would you like them done now.)

In short get the extra jobs done before the service and they will then just do the service.

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
Cheap breakdown cover offers limited cover. Full recovery, hotels, homestart etc all add to premiums. Full cover to equal Mobilo costs me over £100 for man and wife plus extra for Europe whenevr I get a quote on a like for like basis. Try the AA and Rac websites.

Mobilo cover reduces after a few years for cars of some ages (see first post) but it is only minor mishaps that you lose - (puncture, lost key etc). The big things are fully covered here and in Europe. We like doing odd day trips/weekends to Europe and usually have a motoring holiday in France and cover for that is dear from the usual breakdown services.

As for extra jobs on services, nearly every case I have seen is avoidable. Here's how: -

If you go in not having checked the work that needs doing on a car of your age and mileage (see service book or the Electronic Service sheets on the MB website) and they find the pads are seriously worn, or the brake fluid needs changing (at two year intervals), then they will (rightly in my opinion) not sign off to say the service and all necessary service items have been done. Why? Because they haven't.

BUT if you get the brake fluid changed before going in for the service, and keep the receipt to show it has been done, then they will and must accept that.

Similarly if you get the brakes done when needed and not turn up with them on their last legs.

(there is a quite separate argument about them advising that your brakes are well worn and may not reach the next service so would you like them done now.)

In short get the extra jobs done before the service and they will then just do the service.

I tend to agree with Hawk20. However it is really annoying that with my MB I am covered for the big items with Mobilo Life but I still need to buy RAC or similar for punctures etc and extra with the RAC when going abroad for these items. Really ought to be able to top up the MB cover.

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I tend to agree with Hawk20. However it is really annoying that with my MB I am covered for the big items with Mobilo Life but I still need to buy RAC or similar for punctures etc and extra with the RAC when going abroad for these items. Really ought to be able to top up the MB cover.

I agree: that is maddening that you cannot top up to include punctures on older vehicles -including mine!. The new system started for cars registered after April 1st 2008 and on that they have annouced they will introduce a top-up system. Mine was registered on March 3rd!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

...and that's absolutely fine - if you want/need it. But there's no need to compare like for like if you won't use it. Many people don't venture far, so don't need European cover or even hotel accommodation etc.

Must they - where does it say that?

To be fair, how do they know it's been done properly & with the correct MB fluid? You could just get mate with a garage to knock up a suitable receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom