New C class Coupé :)

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
I've been a member for a couple of years, I just changed from a 2014 C220 AMG Line saloon in iridium silver to a coupé in brilliant blue. Same model but with premium plus pack :cool: This post has turned out to be a bit longer than I expected :? IF TLDR the pics are at the bottom :p

It was delivered on Friday while I was at work so I had to wait until I got home to drive it. I was very impatient that day. :D

Two years ago I went from a 2000 plate Honda Accord (SE iirc, it used to be my mum's - she said it was top of the range when it first came out) to a brand new car. It was such a step up so I loved the saloon. I loved the comfort, the mod cons such as the heated seats and even small touches like how quiet the wipers are. But there are some differences even between the saloon and the coupé that make me love it even more.

The clutch had just gone on my Honda and it was so old it was hardly worth repairing. We had gone to look at Ford (Focus Titanium) & Lexus (IS300h) because my fiancé had spotted lease deals rather than buying a second hand car. His opinion is that cars will always depreciate so not worth buying new, I never thought I'd have (even if not own) a new car. My parents couldn't understand when we started leasing ("But you'll never own it") was the main response. We missed out on an outgoing model of a Focus for something like £150 a month, and the facelift model was £250 a month. We found a deal on the C220 saloon for £262 a month so it was a no-brainer :-D

Anyhow, onto the present day.
The saloon (7Gtronic auto) was a smooth drive, the coupé with the 9 speed gearbox is even smoother. The coupé is quieter inside, I don't notice the road noise as much. My partner said there was something I could've had done with the windows to reduce the noise on the saloon but it was coming to the end of my time with it. :confused:

The saloon was silver, which wasn't my first choice as my Honda was also silver but it was an in-stock vehicle and I needed one asap. I could've waited for one of my choice but I was looking at March. I love the Brilliant Blue, and it was just luck that this was an in stock model as well. I'd originally wanted Hyacinth Red but it looks more red and vibrant on the website than it does in real life and I went off it. We'd gone to our local dealer to find out what they could do by way of colours and deals but they said they had no coupé stock until March! We got a better deal through a lease company, which although more than the saloon - MB couldn't get anywhere near it. (As an aside I also looked at the Jaguar XE/XF but wasn't impressed with the lack of standard equipment, all the stuff I like on the Mercedes cost extra with the Jaguar.

Enjoying the premium plus pack with the comand online. The navi is so quick to find the route! One thing that infuriated me with the older one was how slow the navi was to respond. The voice command never recognised my slightly Black Country accent and it took a good couple of mins to calculate the route. I don't know whether that was a fault with the software but I did ask the dealer to look at it in the early days (there was a recall for some reason in 2015) and nothing ever came of it.

My fiancé is a bit miffed that the ambient lighting only has 3 colours, we had been looking at the C Coupé or an E saloon and I think he got confused with the 2 models. He thought the ambient lighting had a lot more colours to choose from. We also looked at the electric/hybrid versions but this came at the right time. Personally I'd have preferred the electric/hybrid but fiancé made the final purchasing (leasing) decision - I drive it though.

What else is there to say, I've only driven it for 4 days so far so finding out more about it as I go along.

A couple of pics taken on Friday afternoon, miserable weather & really dull (about 4pm). Going to get some more with the proper camera when I can, these are just from my phone.

15621803_10154201027728435_1193989833149197573_n.jpg

15542057_10154201027733435_3880454610085260307_n.jpg

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
That is stunning!!!!!!!!!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Wow that is one nice looking car

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I think Mercedes have really hit the button with the new C Coupe, it just reeks of Class , stunning car and that colour is just great, love it. Thanks for sharing those pics and a great story

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Very pretty car indeed!

David Richardson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W176 Blue Eff CY Sport CDI & C Class Coupe 2002 220CDI
Two words sum up this car.

Simply Superb!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
I'm sure I'll be able to say more about it when I've driven it a bit more.
I took my parents out for dinner in it on Sunday and they were impressed.
I've yet to get used to the keyless go, it makes me a little paranoid. :eek::shock:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
it makes me a little paranoid. :eek::shock:

Splendid car Lisa, great choice of colour.

They do say that girls only know about two types of cars - red ones and blue ones. :D

Don't worry about being just a little paranoid, stick around here and we can improve on that for you!

A happy Christmas to you and your new car. :D:D

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
:lol: Thanks! I was hoping I gave a bit more detail in the post than being a "girly car review". :p

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Splendid car Lisa, great choice of colour.

They do say that girls only know about two types of cars - red ones and blue ones. :D

Don't worry about being just a little paranoid, stick around here and we can improve on that for you!

A happy Christmas to you and your new car. :D:D

You being a bit sexist there are you Alex ;)

We've had our Mercedes cars in black, white, blue, grey & silver, only colour I really hate is red!

Looks a lovely car Lisa :D

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
You did! Are you a dj by the way ?

:lol: no just initials. I did learn a little bit in the early 2000s on vinyl decks belonging to my ex but that was a long time ago.

Thanks everyone :D

Last edited:

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
You did! Are you a dj by the way ?

Many moons ago I was a dj, not in any big way, but I used to volunteer for Stanmore Hospital Radio and would produce, engineer and present my own radio programmes. Also used to help my ex husband who ran a mobile disco. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it these days though :?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom