New Mercedes Me app

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Got a notification today about the new Mercedes Me app...

What are your initial thoughts?

Seems quite good and a lot less buggy. You can now tell the percentage of how much each window is up/down!!

Link to new app https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/mercedes-me-2020/id1487652920

View attachment 56402

I like it downloaded it yesterday and it seems more intuitive.

Still takes awhile to lock/unlock the doors though .

Step in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I'm assuming that you mean the new 2020 one?

I put it on my phone and, whilst it's noticeably tidier and streamlined, it seems to just do the same as the old one. However I'm prepared to stick with it to see if it improves.

Can I remove the old app now? I have asked this of Mercedes via the ME portal but been met with a distinct lack of response and am reluctant to just do it in case it loses all my settings on both apps....

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
I'm assuming that you mean the new 2020 one?

I put it on my phone and, whilst it's noticeably tidier and streamlined, it seems to just do the same as the old one. However I'm prepared to stick with it to see if it improves.

Can I remove the old app now? I have asked this of Mercedes via the ME portal but been met with a distinct lack of response and am reluctant to just do it in case it loses all my settings on both apps....

Yes it has the same functionality but appears slicker.

I deleted the old one and the new one kept all my details so yes you can .

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I have been running both alongside each other for a while and both seem to do the same things. The new one doesn’t have any Apple Watch functionality at the moment although I do get notifications from both apps on my Watch.

Knowing how flaky Mercedes' systems can be at times, I’m going to leave both on my phone for the time being :rolleyes:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I downloaded the 2020 android version last night and its still showing no data for the car at all and advising that I need to download the Mercedes store app as well. Done that, opened it and I get a screen saying Mercedes are "currently optimising the process and try again later. In other words, for me, with the adapter plugged in to the OBD2 port, its useless.

I'll persevere for a few more days to see if any worthwhile data shows then its going back in the box for what good it is.

bertb1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 amp sport 2013
Hello
I’ve downloaded it but my car must be to old as it just tells me what car I’ve got
I already know this

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom