Newbie E300 question about air leaks....

hoopyfrood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E300 CDi 1998
Seems I have an air leak somewhere in the fueling system of my W210 E300d; resulting in no fuel in the system when I come to start and then having to crank the engine over for ages for it to prime up and fire...

Once running it's fine though.

Before pulling the whole fueling system apart, is there a usual list of suspect areas I should look at to start with?

Can't see one, but is there a manual priming system on the engine somewhere? (saves my battery and that of the other car I need to get a jump start from)

Thanks...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do look in the pipe from the fuel filter to the engine for air bubbles, it should just need new O rings,50p each from MB

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
There's an O ring between the pump and shut of valve, that gets hard and no longer makes a seal and let's air in, and also as Malc above.......

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
start with the clear pipe connection furtherthest back to the tank - fix the bubble there, and see if it fixes the rest.

replace all the orings as a matter of course.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom