Nexen tyres

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Well so what is a good budget tyre ? Get me right i can pay for top brand tyres but i dont see the reason if they turn out like the Avons i have on now that split after 4 years and still look like new .

Uniroyal RS3 / RS5, Falken FK510 or the Goodyear EfficientGrip all offer excellent value for money

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Thank you JBell i will keep that in mind for next tyre replacment.,

You have done well with the Avons at 4 years old. Traditionally they are of very soft rubber and enjoyed a short tread wear life. They used to be standard fitment to Rolls Royce and Bentley ! :)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Ajd yes but i only did 3 000 miles on them from new ,. I dont think thats good at all do you ?

No, now you mention that it is pretty much in line with history then :rolleyes:

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Ajd yes but i only did 3 000 miles on them from new ,. I dont think thats good at all do you ?

3000 miles in 4 years... 4 years per set of tyres I’d not worry about that tbh

Most tyres are shot in 4 years if left out in the open the u/v makes them go hard

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Ricaedo i know all about that,, but i wont buy expensive tyres to sit on my drive .The chepos will do . Would you remember years ago ? as long as the canvas was not showing then the tyres were classed as good . ha ha

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Ricaedo i know all about that,, but i wont buy expensive tyres to sit on my drive .The chepos will do . Would you remember years ago ? as long as the canvas was not showing then the tyres were classed as good . ha ha

I was on the tarmac as MIGs flew in from the Czech Republic, to mark the 50th anniversary of D-Day. Young British pilots were excited to get a close look at Russian-built fighter planes. Their pilots were much admired. They could match the more sophisticated F15s without all the gizmos. The reality check was a glance at the tyres - you could see the canvas. A chorus went up, 'Should have gone to Qwik-fit.'

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
I had nexens fitted on the rears of my old w205 c class estate and they was twitchy I ended up swapping them to contis after a couple of thousand miles handling improved immediately

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
I believe calling them a "Budget" tyre is a misnomer, as it right away gives the totally wrong impression. In fact calling anything "budget" is wrong because it all depends what your personal budget is - it could be £250 for a set or £800..... Both being a "budget".

I have used them personally and so have family and I would rather call them an inexpensive high performing Tyre that are equal in many regards to tyres costing up to twice as much!

Just a shame we don't get the full range in this country, namely the "SUR4g" But strictly a Summer Tyre. https://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/n_fera_sur4g

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Age/UV hardening, coupled with lack of use... cracking will ensue on pretty much any brand.

They don't like standing still Capt Mainwaring!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi @joderest did you fit the Nexens? Would you recommend them?
I’ve got them on both cars now , can’t fault them at all , A rated in the wet and quiet . I’ve paid around £50 a corner about ayear ago . The E320cdi has massive torque at the rear and they are no problem at all .

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No........I Couldn't fault them either. Mine have done 14,000 miles now and show very little sign of wear and they are quiet. I would buy them again :)

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I now have Nexen on the Lump, daughters mini cooper and wife's mini cooper D, all cars run with far less tyre noise over Goodyear and Mitchlin. Wife's Mini was £240 all in.
My other daughters Toyota Aygo will have them next month as well.

At this stage I cannot fault Nexen at the price point.

ash1212002

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 200 coupe kompressor auto 57 plate
I presume they are the Nexen N Fera SU1, is that correct?

Any views on Riken UHP, which are made by Michelin?

I've also been recommended Rotalla and blacklion tyres which generally have good reviews

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom