Parktronics problems

trevor1946

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320
I bought an ML320 in 07 and had 2 or 3 sensors replaced under warranty. Just out of warranty another 2 failed costing me around £360 to replace. A year ago it failed again intermittently and the Merc dealer said 2 more had failed. I didn't get it fixed and it worked for a while and then died. I decided I wasn;t going to keep spending money on something that wasn't essential. Anyway the dealer did my MOT a few weeks ago (passed) and said I've got two sensors gone (i Know) and Mercedes would pay half the costs .ie cost to me £180. Thought ok would be nice to have them back. Been in garage this week - they call me to say a another has failed. After 3 days in garage they call me to say all is good. Pick it up today immediately not working. They say another one has gone and say there is a scratch on the sensor - barely noticeable
Does any one know whats going on here? 9 sensors replaced in 4 years!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I bought an ML320 in 07 and had 2 or 3 sensors replaced under warranty. Just out of warranty another 2 failed costing me around £360 to replace. A year ago it failed again intermittently and the Merc dealer said 2 more had failed. I didn't get it fixed and it worked for a while and then died. I decided I wasn;t going to keep spending money on something that wasn't essential. Anyway the dealer did my MOT a few weeks ago (passed) and said I've got two sensors gone (i Know) and Mercedes would pay half the costs .ie cost to me £180. Thought ok would be nice to have them back. Been in garage this week - they call me to say a another has failed. After 3 days in garage they call me to say all is good. Pick it up today immediately not working. They say another one has gone and say there is a scratch on the sensor - barely noticeable
Does any one know whats going on here? 9 sensors replaced in 4 years!!!!

Unless they have been incorrectly painted its unheard of :shock::shock:

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition
Sounds like they have some sh*t techies in their!!

I wouldn't be too angry with them, but tell them you are frustrated now, and the problem has gone too far, tell them how this issue started when the car was in warranty, and now you are having to pay out of your own pocket!

It may even be worth emailing MB head office? Give the dealer another try first..

All The Best
ZEE

Top Bottom