Please Help!!!!!

MercSLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK320/2003/M112
I've obviously been out of the game too long!

TimR

Last edited:

Uddins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220/06/avantgarde
I have the older shape 06 reg Mercedes and had the same Limp mode issue on mines. After a diagnostic in Wayne Gates Mercedes it turned out to be FAULTY EGR VALVE.After Replacing it the car is now back to normal.

Check to see if this could be the case.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Thanks for that botus, I sincerely hope we don't have the same issue nearly a 2k fix doesnt sound great. Iv apparently had the bolts checked and been told its a swirl flap issue but I'm not hopeful as the garage are a bunch of cowboys looking up google to fix a car proper keyboard mechanics. I wonder if you can tell if a it' a broken bolt by inspection?

You will need to charge pressure test it and smoke test it. The charge pressure test will confirm an air leak, the smoke test will identify where it is coming from.

But I would start with the fault codes first, if you have them, put them up here!

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
You will need to charge pressure test it and smoke test it. The charge pressure test will confirm an air leak, the smoke test will identify where it is coming from.

But I would start with the fault codes first, if you have them, put them up here!
Thanks Steve I'm there on Friday and I'll put them up asap. The only code I have so far is P2279.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Well tomorrow's the day I get the diagnostics done. Is there any questions that you'd recommend me asking? Or should I just wait to see what they say. Thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Well tomorrow's the day I get the diagnostics done. Is there any questions that you'd recommend me asking? Or should I just wait to see what they say. Thanks
Maybe ask them if they will go along with what Steve suggested above , after the star session . Fingers crossed anyway .

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi guys
Just got back from the merc dealer they said exactly what the other garage said it's either jammed swirl flaps or the motor that opens them. Personally I thought the service was shocking they couldn' even give me the codes from the diagnostic. Or even give me a quote to fix the job. I have just called the local indy and they are ringing me back with a quote tomorrow to put a new manifold on. Anyone know the price of a genuine Mercedes inlet manifold for the c207? Thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi guys
Just got back from the merc dealer they said exactly what the other garage said it's either jammed swirl flaps or the motor that opens them. Personally I thought the service was shocking they couldn' even give me the codes from the diagnostic. Or even give me a quote to fix the job. I have just called the local indy and they are ringing me back with a quote tomorrow to put a new manifold on. Anyone know the price of a genuine Mercedes inlet manifold for the c207? Thanks
I think my E class manifolds are £400+ each .

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Just had auto tech on the phone. The manifold is £308 And to do the job replacing the manifold Inc gaskets is going to be £680 in total they are also going to add a service for £180 which I think isn't bad. She'll be like a new car coming out. Thanks

simmon01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 270 CDI, E 220 CDI & C180 Estate E280 CDI
Has anyone had any experience of a manifold you can get which has no swirl flaps installed?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom