Possible EV.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
my son is doing his apprenticeship at toyota, hes just been away at a conference and toyota are really pushing on with hydrogen now, the new hilux is hydrogen , also a new lexus van.

Hydrogen attracts me but tup north where I am has nowhere to tank it up.

My youth came back with the Mirai in California story and I was thinking at that money I would have one if not just for the novelty.

2023 Toyota Mirai Gets $40,000 Cash Incentive, Is Now Dirt Cheap​

Factor in the $15,000 in free fuel, and the 2023 Mirai becomes among the most affordable cars on sale.​

You just know it ain't going to happen here

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Hydrogen attracts me but tup north where I am has nowhere to tank it up.

My youth came back with the Mirai in California story and I was thinking at that money I would have one if not just for the novelty.

2023 Toyota Mirai Gets $40,000 Cash Incentive, Is Now Dirt Cheap​

Factor in the $15,000 in free fuel, and the 2023 Mirai becomes among the most affordable cars on sale.​

You just know it ain't going to happen here
I think they are around £50,000 here.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
no real incentive here to go green be it hydrogen or ev, clean air zone was tried here and suspended mainly because the taxi drivers could not afford the new low emmission taxi,s and for that reason only, folk just are not that bothered about going green i have to say dont blame them.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It's hard for some to hear but we really are irrelevant in addressing the issues of climate change and as we have seen with the effect on our economy of the energy price rises just "putting the prices up" damages the whole economy.

Look at Norway for a very different approach and the realisation that they needed to make the money to make the changes.

We ship in LNG that could come in a much greener and cheaper way from under our feet and seas.

We need our own.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
To think how the MG brand in all its incarnations has changed, I still have some reservations now the marque is owned by Chinese state-owned automaker SAIC Motor Corporation.

Brand ownership is a murky pool, would not surprise me if a few more old brands appeared to "wash" ownership.

Thinking of some of those old brands we had why not just badge your own?

One day a Jowett Javelin the next a Humber Sceptre or Wolsey which might make a comeback as the brand is owned by the aforementioned Shanghai Automotive Industries Corporation they own Austin as well.

Interesting the home of counterfeiting is buying up brands.

The roadster looks smart though.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom