Possible EV.

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
I know that the likes of Bugatti (I can say that now as they announced it themselves), Ferrari, Porsche have been working with Rimmac for the EV tech for a few years at least. I would also suspect VAG did for the performance EVs. The Rimmac is just a tech showcase but it’s their know how and offerings they sell to the manufacturers.

Not sure where MG and others are getting their EV tech from but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rimmac is inputting as it’s customers require.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's strange the MG 4 ev is made in the same factory as the VW id3 in china ,the reason I bought one was the spec and price unlike most on here I can't afford all the exotic EVs like Porsche ,mercedes,and Audi I don't lease cars so price is important to me

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Strange that the advice of someone who has perhaps made a mistake is taken over someone who has done the research and avoided cocking up.

Its a long line of people who have bought motorings dead ducks, doesn't seem that long ago rusty MB's were still giving tremendous problems.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
like i said earlier you get what you like and thats it, same goes for price as i too always buy outright as i find it cheaper in the long run ie you can sell when you get bored etc, i did try a mercedes eq and a few others before i bought mine and it was quite an experience i can tell you, some evs are clearly well behind in terms of development.

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
yes they are behind Tesla and a lot cheaper than Tesla even after Tesla dropped the price by £9000
great if you bought one after the price drop not so good before and I could not afford a Tesla as I said
there a lot of rich people on here

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
not rich but i did wait for the price drop as would,nt of got much for what i had to spend in march without the drop, chap at the bottom of my avenue has an mg ev and loves it a little to much!!.

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
I can't afford over 50000 for a car you are very lucky the mg is my wife's runabout and the slk is just a toy
which I am starting to think is a pile of crap ,I wish I had kept my Porsche 993 C2S which I had for over 15
years but some idiot offered that much money for it that it had to go I looked at it what was the point of a car
that I was scared to drive

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpeg
    IMG_1198.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 16

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I can't afford over 50000 for a car you are very lucky the mg is my wife's runabout and the slk is just a toy
which I am starting to think is a pile of crap ,I wish I had kept my Porsche 993 C2S which I had for over 15
years but some idiot offered that much money for it that it had to go I looked at it what was the point of a car
that I was scared to drive

Bet you had that now!
Amazing colour!

Now that is a ‘proper car’. In addition that is something you can just endlessly gaze at anywhere it is….. unlike 99% of the utter tripe of today

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Bet you had that now!
Amazing colour!

Now that is a ‘proper car’. In addition that is something you can just endlessly gaze at anywhere it is….. unlike 99% of the utter tripe of today

One reason I’ve still got my 911, so beautiful to look at

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
And it’s why I say if you look, even a modern 911 looks simple, clean, proportional and in the right guise, elegant! Can’t say that for 99% of the modern gibberish.

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
I just got bored with classic cars that are stupid money when I got the Porsche it was very low miles and very cheap
as no one wanted them I put 80000 miles on it and it never let me down I also sold a 1956 Plymouth and a 1973 vw camper

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 9

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
All this yap about end swopping 911's, if you want fun, practicality and engaging driving the 968 Porsche is far better than any of the "hair dryer" brigade (who call us Kettles but have now joined that clan!!). I had 968's for 21 years (tip coupe then tip cab) and still miss them both).

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
All this yap about end swopping 911's, if you want fun, practicality and engaging driving the 968 Porsche is far better than any of the "hair dryer" brigade (who call us Kettles but have now joined that clan!!). I had 968's for 21 years (tip coupe then tip cab) and still miss them both).

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
and that's why I don't have a classic car now because of people calling who's got what like you saying hairdryers ect also the idiots
that have put values up and the guys that don't know what a spanner is , I had a 944 S2 cab mint condition I did all the work on it
and the Porsche club was fun then not who had the most valuable car it got to the stage where half of them came in on trailers how
sad is that

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 9

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I knew a guy tha had a 911 with a V8 shoehorned into the rear (IIRC it was a Rover engine). Apparently it had been modified for hill climb competitions.

spoonerh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
172 SLK
I wanted a mercedes 107 350sl but to get anything decent now you are looking at £25000 and that
won't be that good they rotted like mad if you know where to look all the ones I went to see were not
cheap I was looking at about £12000 every one of them looked great but were rotten why are people
paying top money for low end cars

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom