Possible EV.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Nothin will get me buyin a duracells will be same as power tools always lookin battery after 2, 3 Yr and as seen will cost 2/3 of new power tool I'd like to see a 1980 based cost of 10 yrs motoring Incl car cost and a today version and see what the "real" diff is. When corrected for an average out of London salary then and now.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I believe that even when a car battery pack reaches the end of its "useful in the car" life it can still be used in a solar/wind farm power storage facility, these are needed to cover for when the sun does not shine or the wind blow but the demand for electricity is still there.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I believe that even when a car battery pack reaches the end of its "useful in the car" life it can still be used in a solar/wind farm power storage facility, these are needed to cover for when the sun does not shine or the wind blow but the demand for electricity is still there.
A battery is made up of multiple cells (Tesla model 3 is about 3000 cells).

It is usually individual cells that fail in a battery leaving salvageable cells (by testing their internal resistance etc). Refurbished packs can then be made. They won’t have the ability to supply high current as needed for a car but will be perfectly good for storage and lower current applications like powerwalls.

Hotspur

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL350
Wife just ordered an iX3

TBF I test drove one with her and it was actually pretty good...it's fine for her daily needs, commute, shopping, usual kid duties...but I think I will be keeping my petrol powered Merc's and BM's for the foreseeable...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
A relative who bought a Hyundai Ioniq traveled from just above Preston to Wembley Stadium, spent many hours chasing around looking for charging points that worked.
The other issue is the car's weight appears to have been the final straw that cracked their delicate resin driveway when parked beside a laden van.

I think it is leased through her job and will be swapped at the first opportunity.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
A relative who bought a Hyundai Ioniq traveled from just above Preston to Wembley Stadium, spent many hours chasing around looking for charging points that worked.
The other issue is the car's weight appears to have been the final straw that cracked their delicate resin driveway when parked beside a laden van.

I think it is leased through her job and will be swapped at the first opportunity.
not sure what the hyundia wieghs but my model 3 is 2.3 t, i have zap maps which is pretty helpfull.

AndySlade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Diesel Estate, Sports Edition
I’ve used Comand SatNav to guide me to nearest petrol station when in need of fuel in an unfamiliar area, when away from home.

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
I would say the driveway has not been made to any adequate strength to
handle vehicle weight.
i would say the same, i have my w123 and tesla side by side on imprinted concrete and its fine

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Theirs is resin which isn't exactly tough stuff when you park a laden van and EV.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I would say the driveway has not been made to any adequate strength to
handle vehicle weight.
Not sure about that. We have 5 houses in our close (with all sorts of big and small cars) and one driveway is an absolute mess & the others are fine. He is a carpet fitter and keeps loads of carpets in his garage. He has a large van (not sure what the GW is) but sometimes it is down on the axle with the heavy loads it carries. House driveways are not designed for constant use with those loads.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
You could hardly class the average EV as heavy. My new EV6 weighs just over 2T. Just about any SUV is over 2 tonnes these days. My 2003 ML 270 was 2.2T Driveways should handle that weight. Poor design otherwise. Big loaded vans are a whole different ballgame!!!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
As I said it is a "resin" driveway and they ain't up to much but look pretty (for a while)

What are the pitfalls of resin driveways?

Resin-bound driveways and surfacing aren't the best choice for areas that regularly endure heavy traffic and usage. While this type of surface course is quite durable and robust, wear and tear over time can lead to cracking. This cracking can potentially lead to further and deeper damage.

Theirs cracked in just over 6 months.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Like all today, origional specc will be min std, not max. I will slab mine with 5 inch concrete and 6mm mesh. If on compacted stone base don't see further issue

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Like all today, origional specc will be min std, not max. I will slab mine with 5 inch concrete and 6mm mesh. If on compacted stone base don't see further issue
I’ve a new yard that’s supposed to be min 175mm thick with 1 layer of mesh at least 50mm below the surface… had 10 test cores dug - some areas 135mm thick, some 220mm - some have mesh on the surface…

A previous yard that I was responsible for putting down was 250mm and 2 layers of mesh - had 600 x 44 tonne HGV’s a week turning on that one - it never broke up…

With pretty much any groundworks unless you’re there to witness it they’ll do almost anything as it can’t be seen afterwards.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Tough. But that's hgv. I will never hsve more than 2.5 tonne likely much less.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom