Ready for Bluetooth telephony (no telephone authorised)

TimmyJP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 BlueEfficiency SE 2014
Hi all,

I've recently bought a B Class Mercedes second hand and was excited to be able to connect my iphone xr to the onboard computer for phone calls, music etc.

However, I've tried eveything I can think of to connect via bluetooth but all i get is the above message. I can't scroll on the screen as the menu is just allowing me to select 'name' which takes me through to MB Contact which then says Function Unavailable.

I've tried disconnecting all my bluetooth devices from my phone, I've reset the system on the car but both the car and phone can't find each other. The car won't even search - I can't get past this bit on the phone menu. Any ideas?

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Hi,

What year is the Car ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

TimmyJP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 BlueEfficiency SE 2014

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
look for the car on your phone....

they no longer connect the "right way round" you suggest you've tried. It all changed when someone decided they want to track your shopping habits.... so a firmware update late in 2012 changed most devices into we can see your phone all the time....

also what phone are you trying? If its an Apple they need the right iOS (most early iterations play up - even 13.40 was dead on BT, fixed by 13.41 and now u'll have to upgrade to the covid spying 13.5)

Last edited:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom