Removing rear wiper arm on E220 (2015) Estate

Ian Phipps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 AMG line BlueTec Auto Estate/2015/2143cc Diesel
Just had Autoglass booked in to replace the rear window when he gave me the good news that he couldn't remove the wiper arm to fit the window. So he has kindly made it waterproof. He had an odd little remover tool that he reckons couldn't do it, so I need a mechanic to remove it ad he'll come back. Not impressed. He only gave me the bad news when he'd trussed it up in plastic so I couldn't get to it. I understand it is a common problem, but if I rock up to an MB service dept they'll have my trousers down in no time.

Has anyone got any ideas on a way of avoiding MB and removing this arm?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I'm guessing Mr Autoglass had something like this I'd to use a ball joint puller on front wipers of my R Class (similar tool but much more solid) because my wiper puller was just bending. Don't go to Mercedes, any local garage will be able to do it for you.

OP
I

Ian Phipps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He had a puller that wasn't as strong-looking as your link one. I have just stuffed some WD40 up it and hopefully I'll be able to remove it in the morning. Then the joy of getting an appointment with Autoglass.

OP
I

Ian Phipps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers guys. I'll have a go this morning and then try a local garage. If that draws a blank, I'll order one from eBay.

OP
I

Ian Phipps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UPDATE
Local garage couldn't do it with a mighty meaty removal tool so I bit the bullet and phoned MB. Couldn't get through as all their agents were busy ... so just rocked up to MB Hemel and they took 15 mins to realise they couldn't pull it off. They then checked with me if it was ok to cut off. Yes please. The old blade was left on passenger seat. They have ordered a replacement arm which should turn up tomorrow morning, they will call me. I can get it fitted for nothing. Total cost £35.00. Amazing! Cheapest thing I've ever bought for a Merc even the service girl was surprised. Watch this space. Now just got to get AutoGlass back on the case.

Top Bottom