Restraint System SRS warning

MikeyBoy215

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 W211 CDI
This is my first post ever here! I love working on my car, its a burning hole that i cant ever seem to fulfill!

I have an 05 W211 CDI. Im trying to isolate an issue that im experiencing after doing some work near the trunk fuse panel. So far, i got rid of the factory head unit, the factory amp, the navigational unit, and the racks.

I used the existing wire's which were on the factory amp, which supplied each speaker to the new unit. I also ran additional wires in the vehicles left side wire bay. Everything seems to be set up besides calibrating my sunroof, and a "Restraint System Malfunction" warning with an SRS dash light. :p

This is a project for me, and i enjoy it. But eventually i want to go for a full fiber optic delete but im stuck on this one!

If you guys or gals have any recommendations, let me know! I would love to hear.

Thanks!

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There should be no interaction between any of the audio kit and SRS systems.
You can I let have dislodged a connector or powered up the car whilst an airbag was unplugged.
If you have a code reader capable of reading the SRS controller it will help pinpoint the issue.

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
Do you know if the SRS fault is still present. It won't self clear but needs to be cleared with a suitable OBD2 scanner.

OP
M

MikeyBoy215

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 W211 CDI
There should be no interaction between any of the audio kit and SRS systems.
You can I let have dislodged a connector or powered up the car whilst an airbag was unplugged.
If you have a code reader capable of reading the SRS controller it will help pinpoint the issue.
That was it! Damn youre good! Let me check the fault through the canbus later this week. I appreciate you LostKiwi and pgh13

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom