S213 E220d brake pedal vibration at idle (E class)

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
Hi all,

E class is in the Mercedes dealer on Wednesday after a trip to Birmingham (2 hours) for the first time in 15 months!

Car was awful to drive, whole car vibrated quite harsh at 70mph +. Seems to do it at 40 mph and close to double that speed if you know what I mean. But it doesn't seem to just be one speed. I've had courtesy Mercedes from the car being in the garage before, and they drive amazing and so smooth.

Here a few symptoms it's going in for:

1. I have a weird brake pedal vibration at idle and slow movement. If I'm reversing, I can just rest my foot on the brake i.e. not pressing it and can feel it vibrating? This also happens sometimes when idle. This is intermittent though. Car has had a long journey with brake judder, and although I do feel a tiny bit under braking, it's almost gone due to new discs/pads from dealer. Weird that I feel it at idle. Is there something underneath the pedal which is running? Or is it something in the transmission?

2. Car doesn't feel planted and get some quite nasty shocks in the cabin. Also, when the garage has it in the air, the first 5 miles or so... there is a knocking in the rear ... then it just disappears until it goes in the air again! When the Offside Front hits a significant bump, the car kind of fishtails/sways like the shock isn't doing its job.

3. Car seems to be slightly shunting when selecting drive / reverse (almost like it takes up the slack). Gear shifts seem OK but the lower gears are quite poor shifts. Also, when you approach a roundabout rolling and then put your foot on the accelerator to go, get like a shunt when it gets in gear.

4. I'm getting about 43 - 45 mpg average on 60 roads. For some unknown reason, one day a trip I took to drop the little one off at nursery, I got an average mpg of 56mpg! Couldn't believe it. Weirdly, this was the morning after I washed the car.

Interested to know your thoughts, Jan

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom