S213 Hacked? Broken into Or faulty?

Rolandast

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 2018 E220
I always switch my key off after I come back home every evening.

Today morning I get out of the house pull the door handle and get in the car and moments later I realise i haven't unlocked it (It is not uncommon for me to forget that my key is off in the morning and pull the door). Mirrors are still folded and all door poppers are in except drivers door is out. It popped out when I was pulling the handle when getting in the car. I probably push the start button once. I notice red dot blinking in the centre console as well as message that key is not found and it should be placed in the key slot on the dash. I push the start button again and alarm goes off. I push unlock button on my key and switch the alarm off. I am asked again to place the key to the key slot and I do just that. Everything is back to normal except I am really worried and trying to understand what the hell have just happened.
I got out of the car locked it and switched off the key by pushing lock button twice. I tried to pull the handle but i couldn't get in the car untill i switched the key back on. Everything is working now.
What are your ideas? Have you experienced any similar incidents?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
are you sure this is not how the system works ? I mean the car thought you were trying to start it without the key enabled so required a reset by asking for the slot to be used , the way I understand it is , the double lock only stops the engine from starting and not the car reconnising the key for keyless entry ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
are you sure this is not how the system works ? I mean the car thought you were trying to start it without the key enabled so required a reset by asking for the slot to be used , the way I understand it is , the double lock only stops the engine from starting and not the car reconnising the key for keyless entry ?
That’s how I understand it works too- basically switches off the KG until you use the key to unlock, not touch the handle

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I use the "double press" on mine to lock it occasionally, especially when parking in unfamiliar areas, and it has let me unlock it by the handle before now, though not often. It's always started on the button when this has happened though.

Just wondering if your "double tap" has possibly not been quick enough for it to recognise it?

The next time it does it, I'd suggest locking and unlocking with the key again before you attempt to start it, which should reset or prevent any strange goings on.

OP
R

Rolandast

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 2018 E220
Double press switches the keys RFID completely and red light on the key confirms it(always check it). The key is back on if you push any button being it lock, unlock or boot open. It unlocks the car when you press unlock. If the key is Off, keyless entry is not possible because car is always looking for a signal when you try to open the door. Thats how understand the system works. Never push any button after you switch the key off if you dont want to turn it back on.

If for some reason or lets say accidental push on the key it was turn on, the car should have unlocked all the doors and unfolded all the mirrors when I pulled the handle.

OP
R

Rolandast

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 2018 E220
Mystery solved. Most likely drivers door was not shut properly. The door that is not shut would not lock. Thats why I was able to get in to the car with the key still switched off and that is the reason why the car did not sense the key and alarm gone off when I pushed the start button.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom