Sat Nav SD Card & Mudflaps.

stewart croll

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 X250 Pick Up 4wd.
Just bought a new X250 pick up which is not fitted with Sat Nav, contacted a Merc dealership today to enquire re purchasing an SD card and was quoted over £400. Any suggestions as to where you can purchase them at a more reasonable price ?
Also no mudflaps fitted so looking to get a set of them but appear to be difficult to get, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Contact https://www.commandonline.co.uk/ with your VIN number and they will tell you what you have and what you need. Not sure what is standard on the X Class but you may need a Garmin plug in box before you have anything to put the SD card in.

OP
S

stewart croll

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 X250 Pick Up 4wd.
Thanks I will do. The SD slot is already there so i think everything is in place, hopefully..

Dave76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220D / Paceman JCW
Thanks I will do. The SD slot is already there so i think everything is in place, hopefully..
Hi Stewart, did you get anywhere with this? I've just purchased a 2018 CLA and MB have quoted me £475 to activate the Nav on my Audio 20 system.. I belive it is activated by inserting a different SD card to the maps card but struggling to find this

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 C200 Estate AMG line plus
Hi Stewart, did you get anywhere with this? I've just purchased a 2018 CLA and MB have quoted me £475 to activate the Nav on my Audio 20 system.. I belive it is activated by inserting a different SD card to the maps card but struggling to find this

You could try a cheap SD card from Ebay to see if it works. It's possible it was activated by the previous owner and just needs a new card.

Dave76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220D / Paceman JCW
You could try a cheap SD card from Ebay to see if it works. It's possible it was activated by the previous owner and just needs a new card.
Hi Mike, I did consider this but spoke to local MB dealership who offered to try the maps card in the car for me and if it worked they would charge £100 for the card, if it didn't they would not charge anything.. Needless to say it didn't work. Their guy told us that the car has Nav because of the year and model etc it just needs activating with a different SD card that they have in stock but its £495... I have android auto which works brilliantly but would be nice to have the complete package on the car, just maybe a little cheaper.

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 C200 Estate AMG line plus
Hi Mike, I did consider this but spoke to local MB dealership who offered to try the maps card in the car for me and if it worked they would charge £100 for the card, if it didn't they would not charge anything.. Needless to say it didn't work. Their guy told us that the car has Nav because of the year and model etc it just needs activating with a different SD card that they have in stock but its £495... I have android auto which works brilliantly but would be nice to have the complete package on the car, just maybe a little cheaper.

I've not seen anything that can activate it, you may need to pay that initial high price.

Dave76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220D / Paceman JCW
I've not seen anything that can activate it, you may need to pay that initial high price.
Yea had a feeling that's where I might be heading on this one, thanks for your help Mike appreciated.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Contact the guys at Comand Online (who are Forum sponsors) with your VIN number and they will tell you what is needed and the price. This will confirm whether the dealers are correct or not.

Dave76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220D / Paceman JCW
Many thanks will certainly reach out to them.

Dave76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220D / Paceman JCW
Quick update, I contacted a number of sellers on ebay and found one that guaranteed me their card would work (even though MB told me it needed initialisation) bought the card for £30 and hey it initialised and works fine.. car now has Garmin Nav.

Thanks again

Top Bottom