admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
I want to self service our w210 as we are unlikely to ever sell it. The 25% off Euro Car Parts offer tempted me into looking at service items and I am trying to find a guide and list of service parts without having the manual at work.

Some of the parts on the Euro car parts website are slightly different sizes and I dont want to have to return things so I was hoping that there would be a resource on here that could help.

Am I missing an obvious page on the site that will give me this info?

The car has now done only 20,000 miles despite being 10 years old so is a keeper.

Grateful as always and apologies if I have missed the obvious guide.

Jonny

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
The problem with pattern parts are they are not always an exact fit or to MB's specifications. If the car is, as you say 'a keeper' and you are servicing it yourself why not spend a little more on genuine MB parts. Not only will they be the correct items and the correct fit, but you will have peace of mind knowing it will be have passed the MB quality standards, therefore less likely to require replacing for a long time.

OP
A

admiral

Active Senior Members
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320
Thank you for the reply. I was planning to buy mobil1 at Costco and get a bosch fuel filter etc so I may get the air filters from MB direct as you suggest.

I only queried because of the Eurocarparts offer and wondered whether there was a good reliable resource for self servicing MB's. I had always got my other mercs serviced at the stealers but no point on a car of this age.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The problem with pattern parts are they are not always an exact fit or to MB's specifications. If the car is, as you say 'a keeper' and you are servicing it yourself why not spend a little more on genuine MB parts. Not only will they be the correct items and the correct fit, but you will have peace of mind knowing it will be have passed the MB quality standards, therefore less likely to require replacing for a long time.

Absolutely, and when you think of how seldom you buy these things.

If you have a 20,000 mile car and intend to use it for limited mileage each year, then given the servicing schedule will be 2 yearly and you are the judge of what needs to be done and what does not, then correct parts will give reassurance and won't break the bank.

Any pictures of this nice motor?

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I've run Mercedes for the past 12 years, I only fit MB parts as my experiences of pattern parts for other vehicles left me frustrated and with substandard non fitting items. Also pattern parts tend not to last as long as OEM parts!!! something else to consider.

Top Bottom