SL discounts?

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl500, RR Vogue, VW Golf, Volv0 940
Lovely spec

£30k discount is not to be sniffed at!!!!

I am sure the SL will be a considerably more comfortable car having been in my friends M4 with Comp Pack and my fillings alomost falling out!!!!
Correct...and the car takes you 'over', its very strange 'officer', I couldn't help it.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Silver is too predictable, Hyacinth Red :cool::cool::cool:
No she doesn't like the red - she's seen to many faded ones in the past.

But the Hyacinthe Red is still quite special.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
No she doesn't like the red - she's seen to many faded ones in the past.

But the Hyacinthe Red is still quite special.

Just stay away from "Fire Opal" Red and you are fine

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
You're a lucky man, take the plunge! Some heavy depreciation (and equally likely some nice discounts) on the S Class Cabriolet mind.... What a beautiful motor they are, maybe you could change the wife's mind?!

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You're a lucky man, take the plunge! Some heavy depreciation (and equally likely some nice discounts) on the S Class Cabriolet mind.... What a beautiful motor they are, maybe you could change the wife's mind?!
Thank you Sir......also I agree the S Class Cabriolet is tempting, but even with discount probably around £90k. More than I wanted to lay out. Never had a 2 seater before, so time to take the plunge.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey Oskar,

Welcome to the forum - that 30% off seems cool. Is that from a brand new car or what? Is a 30% discount the norm or do I need to make friends with you to negotiate on my behalf :)

As previously mentioned, depreciation will be mental but if you are in the space to wear it then go for it. New car feels will be awesome.
Thank you Sir - Yes, 30% off new....but it just shows how UK list prices are OTT. not difficult to achieve, and depends on model. Dealerships are desperate to meet targets and volumes

I suppose, though I wish that I knew more about the financial workings of the car industry.

Interestingly list prices in France / Belgium / Italy / Germany etc for the SL500 specced up to the Grand Edition being sold now in the UKL are E140,00 to E150,000 - so £120K.....in Denmark £250,000 - but that's because of their mental 100% VAT on car purchase.

I suspect that this price differential exists across the Mercedes range.....until the £ appreciated further against the Euro. So maybe the Germans aren't making much profit out of us?

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Love your optimism that the SL will make you behave....:p:p:p
Well, I've got to grow up some time...although in the mirror in the attic I still look 18 of course.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
60 this year myself but I’m refusing!!
You're a year behindf me. Stay young. My 17yo daughter helps....or shortens my life.

We're all of to France tomorrow skiing. Leaving tomorrow evening and driving through the night with two teenagers in the back (her best friend). Must be mad.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
It sounds to me like you know how to enjoy yourself. Have a great trip and enjoy the lovely new car when you get it. Maybe your wife will let you drive it occasionally?

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It sounds to me like you know how to enjoy yourself. Have a great trip and enjoy the lovely new car when you get it. Maybe your wife will let you drive it occasionally?
Thank you kindly.

We actually; don't mind driving at night. Less traffic...until you get neat the mountains in the morning - then its pot luck. The main thing is to come back without broken limbs. Mind you the older I get, the fewer chances I take.

Yes, we are looking forward to the 1st March. Our daughter is invited to Cornwall for the May bank holiday and we'll take the SL over the Alps to Lake Maggiore for a few days. So much better than the overcrowded and camera obsessed South East UK.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Surrey's pretty special too, but I know what you mean. I'm planning a drive down to Champagne France in May. The drive will be a joy.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Parts of France are great to drive through. Quiet, good roads, great scenery and pretty villages (Villages Fleuri) with lovely little cafes.
NW France is a bit grim but there are great areas further south. I love the Auvergne just south of Clermont Ferrand and the area just south of Carcassonne near Termes.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Parts of France are great to drive through. Quiet, good roads, great scenery and pretty villages (Villages Fleuri) with lovely little cafes.
NW France is a bit grim but there are great areas further south. I love the Auvergne just south of Clermont Ferrand and the area just south of Carcassonne near Termes.
Been down to the Costa Brava lots of times on the A75. It's a great motorway. Scenic, toll free too, a lot of it, and less crowded. Tend to avoid Paris and go around it via Rouen. Rarely use the Autoroute du Soleil in the summer....too busy.
Best drive I ever did back from the Costa Brava was on a Sunday in 2010. 10.5 hrs back to Calais in a BMW M5. Epic drive. Though now I wouldst risk it....might get my car back from the Gerdarmerie in the form of a metre cubed package!
I'm half Belgian so I've got a dodgy driving heritage.

OP
O

Oskar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surrey's pretty special too, but I know what you mean. I'm planning a drive down to Champagne France in May. The drive will be a joy.
That'll be a lovely drive. Great to do these things. Good quiet time to go too. I've got another year to go before school holiday times are a thing of the past,

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
You're a year behindf me. Stay young. My 17yo daughter helps....or shortens my life.

We're all of to France tomorrow skiing. Leaving tomorrow evening and driving through the night with two teenagers in the back (her best friend). Must be mad.
I have 2 x 8yo and 1 x 10yo doing the same (not to forget 5 month old puppy), household chaos!
Enjoy the ski-ing (after the trip!)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Sounds fun to me, where are you headed?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom