SL SBS control box probs!!

OP
S

steant

Reaction score
my car year is 2002, the pump i have i dont know but it is brand new so i suspect its built for a newer model ie 2005/06/07??
what do you suggest??
If i went to MB and asked for one this would also be brand new and probably built for a newer model????
Im confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
my car year is 2002, the pump i have i dont know but it is brand new so i suspect its built for a newer model ie 2005/06/07??
what do you suggest??
If i went to MB and asked for one this would also be brand new and probably built for a newer model????
Im confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If this unit has got SBC stop,that will not work on your car. SBC stop started in early 03.

Malcolm

OP
S

steant

Reaction score
what do you mean SBC stop??
and if this is the case what am i supposed to do, any ideas ?????

Also is there no software upgrade to make these devices compatible??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
what do you mean SBC stop??
and if this is the case what am i supposed to do, any ideas ?????

Also is there no software upgrade to make these devices compatible??

SBC stop was the first update to this system. what it does is when you stop say at traffic lights, you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the car will not creep or move until you touch the throttle. This with the change in the coding put it out of my range, I am still searching.

Malcolm

OP
S

steant

Reaction score
Got a letter this morning of MB asking me to take my car in as they would like to check the braking system on the car??? How strange is this?
Sounds like a recall if ive ever heard one, and what a time for them to send me this, anyone else had this recall??
What’s my best move with this take in the car the way it is and explain what happened or take it back the indie put my original unit back in. Then go to MB tell them funny enough my brakes have been playing up

Thoughts and ideas please???????

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got a letter this morning of MB asking me to take my car in as they would like to check the braking system on the car??? How strange is this?
Sounds like a recall if ive ever heard one, and what a time for them to send me this, anyone else had this recall??
What’s my best move with this take in the car the way it is and explain what happened or take it back the indie put my original unit back in. Then go to MB tell them funny enough my brakes have been playing up

Thoughts and ideas please???????

I got the same letter 2 weeks ago, as I said earlier, and I do not know yet what it means.

Putting the old one back ???. Now I can see if any part of my car had been touched or tampered with from new, or if anyone had been playing with it. tiny marks,on the pipes or screws, looks to clean, But saying that the car could have had problems before you bought it,but if it was done, then it should be on the central data bass, but saying that someone could have forgotten to put it onto the data base.

The only difference in your existing pump and the new one is on the electronics side, the hydraulic part being the same. As the electronic part does not wear out (but could go wrong) could the new pump part be fitted to your existing one. I would have said yes it could.

What do you do now. well the new one will not work as the electronics are not the same.
Its 4am at the time of writing this so I cant go down to look at it to see how its held together but thinking about how the system works you must have a valve block in order for ABS,ESP and BAS to function. Is the fault on the valve block ?? who knows.

Do you cut your losses and put the pump back on Ebay in a few weeks time and put the old one back and have a go at MB.

I do not know what else to say. Malcolm

OP
S

steant

Reaction score
Thanks malcom yes i think ill get my old one back on at least theres only 1 malfuction rather than 4.
Ill take it to MB explain what ive done and see if they will at least contribute to repairing as there is an obvise know fault within the system.

And as for the part from ebay, any offers from anyone with a 2003 or newer are welcome shall we say £500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
S

steant

Reaction score
MB must know there is a fault on them:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is a real mix up, as said earlier mine was checked in 08-06 it was on record. Now again.

This may sound terrible, and I will get banned, why don't you just drop the car off and say nothing, it was perfect when you left with them wasn't it.

Malcolm

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
SBC on mine? Or is it a Star update?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We do not know yet what its about, I forgot to book mine in.

malcolm

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Hey! Malcolm clear your PM inbox, cant send you msg.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey! Malcolm clear your PM inbox, cant send you msg.

When I do clear it,it just fills up again, and I end up answering more there, than on the forum ???

Malcolm

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
When I do clear it,it just fills up again, and I end up answering more there, than on the forum ???

Malcolm

Fair point :) I've forgotten what I was going to ask now anyway! :-?

OP
S

steant

Reaction score
malcom thats a very good idea!!! think i might do that :D
Im calling MB in the morning to get it booked in and see what happens from there

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
malcom thats a very good idea!!! think i might do that :D
Im calling MB in the morning to get it booked in and see what happens from there

Sorry to say that I do have a devious side.

Malcolm

jonathanjhann

Reaction score
there is a recall on the SBC unit that requires reprogramming of the unit, this tests and ensures safe op of the unit. If it passes it is just reprogrammed.
If it fails you should be able to get it replaced under warranty! :eek:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom