SLR Stirling Moss

-Ivan-

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
For fun : SLK32 AMG, For work : V230 Ambiente
I don't think this has been featured on the forum...

Last November, I was lucky enough to go to the filming of Top Gear at Dunsfold Aerodrome.

They had the SLR Stirling Moss on display in the studio - James May introduced it, they then showed the video with the Stig putting it around the track, and I think it was about 2 seconds quicker than the previous SLR... And it was then cut from the final episode - I don't know why.

It took 5hours to film the footage for the 1hr that made it on tv - I've never had to clap so much in my life... (it was the episode with the gun-toting Range Rover, BMW X5M, Renault Twingo 133, and Guy Ritchie as the 'star')

I took some photo's on my phone, so apologies for the quality (and it's not me in the photo's)

SLRfront.jpg

SLRside.jpg

SLRrear.jpg

SLRinterior.jpg

There's this also : mercedes-slr-stirling-moss

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
It's the Batmobile, in silver!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom