Sprinter 2005, 313 fuel issue?

Berrera

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter/2005/313
Hi guys, my van broke down on the motor way the other day, not long after changing the injectors. When you spray easy start into the air intake it keeps running- as soon as you stop spraying the engine turns off. So obviously it's a fuel issue.

How can you tell if it's the High Pressure pump or low Pressure pump? Or the fuel sensor on the end of the fuel rail?

When I put a pressure gauge onto the fuel rail there was only a little pressure but would there need to be fuel in the rail for the high pressure pump to work?

Equally when I took the feed pipe off the fuel filter and turned the van over there was no fuel coming out but would the engine need to be running for the pump to work?

One last thing- a guy came out the other day to drill out a snapped injector bolt and he fitted new ones. When the van broke down the other day a took the injectors out and found there was some small filings on the injectors tip. So some metal must off gone into the combustion chamber. How bad is this? will the metal just get blown out of the exhaust?

Thanks for your help!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom