Sprinter engine removal

chg

Reaction score
Hi i know this is mostly a car forum but ive seen quite a few van questions. Basically i have a 308d and need to get the engine out. I have stripped the whole front panel down so im now left with the engine sat there but not quite sure how to remove it. Any help would be appreciated.

:D

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
With a engine lift is the only safe method, you can hire them for the day,

Welcome to the forums!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have quite a lot of sprinter info if you get stuck, and welcome.

OP
C

chg

Reaction score
Many thanks for the welcomes. :D

My replacement engine actually turned up today and the guy had sent me the gearbox, starter and powersteering pump aswell FOC which was brilliant of him. I do run a garage which its name is the initial of my username :D We dont work on anything this size hardly at all and the only thing i have had to do on my sprinter before was the clutch.

We got the whole lump out in one. Took my clutch out and the donor engines clutch out only to find the donor engine ones was better which surprised me as ive only done 12k on my clutch LOL.

Got the engine back in today, used my gearbox, donor clutch, donor slave cylinder as mine was leaking when i removed it!, my power steering pump, my glow plugs, and the donor inlet as the throttle linkage had less play in it than mine.

One question though, How on earth do i remove the plastic fan? as the donor one has a blade broken :(

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
if i remember correctly, the blades are held on to the viscous hub with about 8 small bolts. cant be sure but i think theyre allen key type bolts. im sure someone will be ableto confirm this 1 way or the other. i havent seen one for about 7 years!!!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom