Swirl flaps Inlet manifold clogged

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Yes I see that now.
Looks like I may have made a mistake.
Now spoken to the real Ian @star. Caversham

Apologies all round if I have offended anyone.
There are clearly too many Ian's that service Mercedes :D

OP
N

neilio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 estate
Do you mind if I follow as someone mentioned these to me a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a note to say car was dropped off at independent Mercedes dealer tonight for a repair tomorrow.
I am quietly confident in Ian @ Star Mercedes that he is a good one and he will do a proper job and repair the issues.
Will report back as promised with results.

OP
N

neilio

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 estate
Hi guys.
Not very often I blow a trumpet in appreciation of a job well done and a very compatant set of mechsnics.

Well Star Mercedes independent get my trumpet blowing.

Not only did they repair my Limp mode issue they also repaired a slight fuel leak and also a rear parking sensor, all for just over £600

Having had various garages quoting in excess of £1500 + to change inlet manifolds, swirl flaps, remove DPF etc etc, it was with some fear that I took my car to Star Merc in Reading for the repair.

Ian really knows his stuff, and even keeps at least 2 sets of swirl flap parts on the shelf to repair this common failure.

Apparently the swirl flap swivel rod causes the hole it passes through in the flaps to become elongated and then jams and stops working causing swirl flap motor failure and throwing up the engine light, hence limp mode.

So new motor and gluing the flaps open fixes the issue.

Back on full power now and extremely satisfied that at last I have a working Mercedes but most importantly, I have found a honest professional garage that knows how Mercedes work without ripping the consumer off.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi guys.
Not very often I blow a trumpet in appreciation of a job well done and a very compatant set of mechsnics.

Not only did they repair my Limp mode issue they also repaired a slight fuel leak and also a rear parking sensor, all for just over £600

Having had various garages quoting in excess of £1500 + to change inlet manifolds, swirl flaps, remove DPF etc etc, it was with some fear that I took my car to Star Merc in Reading for the repair.

Ian really knows his stuff, and even keeps at least 2 sets of swirl flap parts on the shelf to repair this common failure.

Apparently the swirl flap swivel rod causes the hole it passes through in the flaps to become elongated and then jams and stops working causing swirl flap motor failure and throwing up the engine light, hence limp mode.

Back on full power now and extremely satisfied that at last I have a working Mercedes but most importantly, I have found a honest professional garage that knows how Mercedes work without ripping the consumer off.
Great feeling matey

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Hi guys.

Thank you for your kind words, glad we could be of help. Either oil contamination or jamming can throw this fault.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi guys.

I love it when a recommendation goes well buddy . Good job , and as you have shown its always worth a journey to get the job done right !

MykhailoM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz CLS W219 Grand Edition
Hi guys.

What code did you have with this issue?
I currently have P2015 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1
This code appeared after I replaced a Turbo Actuator (because of a different code) removed 4.7Kohm resistor and plugged the blog into Swirl actuator motor. Just need some reassurance that it is related to the Swirl Motor Actuator. Thanks!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom