Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes w218 CLS63 AMG now gone, RR Velar
Whatever it is…is undercover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Not so much inappropriate badging but bastardised number plate. Derbyshire police claimed that is was the worst case they had ever seen. (Picture picked up from Twitter) Just had to be a BMW !! :rolleyes:

FGV2eGvXsAYrHNO

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
It was at least 12 years ago, so I can't remember the exact details, but it was a plate even more mucked about with than the one pictured in Andy's post, but that's the reason I have a poncey "private" plate on my cars. I chanced upon a registration that looked perfect for me on eBay, and mentioned it to my wife. Eyebrows raised, her reaction was not encouraging, so I didn't give the idea any more thought. A few days later we were both out in the car, slowly catching the one in front. The plate looked very odd to me, I just couldn't make it out, and wife Anne noticed it too. It was clearly the owner's name, but he'd changed everything, spacing, extra black screw heads, corners trimmed off characters, almost everything possible. We agreed that it had to be illegal, but then she shocked me by commenting, "You ought to buy that one on ebay you told me about". Seize the moment! We arrived home shortly afterwards, and I was out of the car and inside, up the stairs like a rat up a drainpipe. Found the ebay ad, plate still on offer, so I clicked on "buy now". The sale went through without problems, and it's now on the my sixth car. Single letter year identifier, low number, only 6 digits and all three letters of my initials, what's not to like? A silly thing really of course, but I like it. Even Anne admits that it looks good, and as I bought it on the "can't take it with you" principle that governs a lot of my purchases these days, who cares about the cost, especially as it's probably "worth" double today. And best of all my plate is completely un-mucked about with and 100% legal.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
It was at least 12 years ago, so I can't remember the exact details, but it was a plate even more mucked about with than the one pictured in Andy's post, but that's the reason I have a poncey "private" plate on my cars. I chanced upon a registration that looked perfect for me on eBay, and mentioned it to my wife. Eyebrows raised, her reaction was not encouraging, so I didn't give the idea any more thought. A few days later we were both out in the car, slowly catching the one in front. The plate looked very odd to me, I just couldn't make it out, and wife Anne noticed it too. It was clearly the owner's name, but he'd changed everything, spacing, extra black screw heads, corners trimmed off characters, almost everything possible. We agreed that it had to be illegal, but then she shocked me by commenting, "You ought to buy that one on ebay you told me about". Seize the moment! We arrived home shortly afterwards, and I was out of the car and inside, up the stairs like a rat up a drainpipe. Found the ebay ad, plate still on offer, so I clicked on "buy now". The sale went through without problems, and it's now on the my sixth car. Single letter year identifier, low number, only 6 digits and all three letters of my initials, what's not to like? A silly thing really of course, but I like it. Even Anne admits that it looks good, and as I bought it on the "can't take it with you" principle that governs a lot of my purchases these days, who cares about the cost, especially as it's probably "worth" double today. And best of all my plate is completely un-mucked about with and 100% legal.

Mine doesn't mean a bluddy thing but completely legal :)

De-badge.jpg

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Got a 'Vanity Plate' (as our American friends like to call em) on my 207 too. I've had for many years (started off on my old Rover 800)! Bit of fun really and good value at the time if I remember rightly!

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
I added the badges from my company Astra to a friends Omega taxi when he wasn't looking so it said ASTROMEGA. He didn't notice until a new cab driver asked him if it was a limited edition.

My nephews girlfriend was driving around for months in her Ford KA with part of an additional Rover 216Si badge so it read KASi.

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
  • #1,458
D0A0B4C2-F387-44D0-8A4B-3C1CB97CCB6B.jpeg

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom