Transmission - Consult Workshop on A180 58 Reg Looking for Garage Recommendations

Adriana

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A180 CDI Avantagrde 2010 w169
Hi all,

My A180 Mercedes, 58 Reg number showed Transmission - Consult Workshop last week. I have got a diagnosis report and and I was told there is a fault with the transmission/gearbox which could need replacement. I know from my garage where I service/MOT the car that only certain places take on the job.
I am attaching the diagnosis for those of you who “speak the language” :)

I am based in East London and I am looking for a few garage recommendations where I can get it fixed so I can plan recovery there, I think I can’t drive it like this anywhere, plan budget and understand how long will it take to have it up and running again.

Any recommendations, thoughts from you or quotes on the job would be highly appreciated.
The car is relatively low mileage for its age, 75K mileage so I am thinking it’s worth fixing- happy to be told otherwise
Your help is highly appreciated.
Thank you
Adriana

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 10

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
@V6Matty has had his transmission repaired IIRC

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I had to have mine rebuild when the input shaft bearing failed, so it was still drivable but sounded awful.
Looking at the fault though it would seems it’s going to need a rebuild,
When I had mine done a couple of years ago it was ~£800, problem being now though is the person that did it has retired

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom