Turning Japanese...

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
When we lived elsewhere we had a pretty lousy MB dealer and it can seriously affect your enjoyment of a car.

I honestly think that ServicePlus is a big part of the probem - they're not going to get paid by ServicePlus for diagnostic work, and they know I'm not going to want to pay for it, so they just deny the problems exist.

The Service Advisors get very excited as they write down lists of things to do but then visibly slump when they ask how I'll be paying and I say "Service Plus". I tried to mumble "card" last time but they asked me which one.

The drifting issue was almost funny - they said ServicePlus doesn't cover alignment. I said "OK, so what do you tell people who ask for alignment under warranty?" They said "we tell them it's wear & tear". As she was saying it she realised how stupid that sounded as ServicePlus is specifically for wear & tear issues. Their solution was to say No Fault Found.

I've resolved to get it done at Wheels-in-Motion and, if makes a difference, then I'll send the bill to the dealership. I may have to engage robertjrt in order to extract payment from them! :lol:

OP
J

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI BlueEFF SE Premium Estate/Auto/2015/Diesel
I notice you have a Honda - how is your Honda dealer?

My wife has a Jazz which we bought from TwoMillsHonda. I've been very happy with the car and the dealership. But even they somewhat screwed up the handover, however they seemed genuinely sorry and offered the first service FOC - worthwhile compensation at Honda prices!

There was one Service Advisor that I didn't get on with - imagine my dismay when she turned up at my MB dealership with just the same attitude issues (although they fit quite well at MB). Last time I went to TwoMills they had a couple of young lads on service reception and they were very good.

Honda dealers remind me of what the independent MB dealers used to be like before they reorganised and went "corporate".

The dealer is excellent. So far... Keeping me informed at all stages of delivery etc.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I honestly think that ServicePlus is a big part of the probem - they're not going to get paid by ServicePlus for diagnostic work, and they know I'm not going to want to pay for it, so they just deny the problems exist.

The Service Advisors get very excited as they write down lists of things to do but then visibly slump when they ask how I'll be paying and I say "Service Plus". I tried to mumble "card" last time but they asked me which one.

The drifting issue was almost funny - they said ServicePlus doesn't cover alignment. I said "OK, so what do you tell people who ask for alignment under warranty?" They said "we tell them it's wear & tear". As she was saying it she realised how stupid that sounded as ServicePlus is specifically for wear & tear issues. Their solution was to say No Fault Found.

I've resolved to get it done at Wheels-in-Motion and, if makes a difference, then I'll send the bill to the dealership. I may have to engage robertjrt in order to extract payment from them! :lol:

I don't think alignment is covered by the guarantee; nor is it a service item IIRC. It is just one of those things you get done if you nudge something -like a pavement or a pothole. Makes a big difference. The other one that is important especially on the C class 203 is to have the same tyres front and rear.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I don't think alignment is covered by the guarantee; nor is it a service item IIRC.

Agree with those statements. so what's left?
ServicePlus is supposed to cover all maintenance and wear and tear repairs.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Agree with those statements. so what's left?
ServicePlus is supposed to cover all maintenance and wear and tear repairs.

I think it is one of those things like tracking and so on which the owner pays for if and when needed. Many, of course, never need the alignment to be redone.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Isn't it time to kill this thread as it is no longer about Mercedes.

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
I've found it useful because I have service plus.
Agree it's gone off the original post though.

BTW, I've tried twice to buy my wife a car at Honda dealers and both times found them to be less than impressive.

As usual with dealers it seems to be pot luck.

OP
J

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI BlueEFF SE Premium Estate/Auto/2015/Diesel
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would update you in case anyone was interested....

My Accord is going next month. The car has been brilliant and largely faultless except from a few minor rattles here and there which are starting to appear. I did have to get a few of the speakers replaced as they were distorting. All done under warranty. I would have bought another one but the price has gone up somewhat.

I take delivery of a new C220 Cdi Sport Auto with Comand next month as the price is less than a new Honda by around £100 pm!

SSR S500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2002/V8
This thread just goes to show that there are good and bad amongst all manufacturers. The likes of Merc and BMW can't live off the strong image that they were once known for, especially as times are tough and people are shopping around more and more.

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
As I have said else where --- the Koreans are coming!

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
As I have said else where --- the Koreans are coming!

Indeed - father just ordered a new Kia.

Similar quality to Ford/Vauxhall/Renault/Toyota and yet cheaper and you get a 7yr warranty instead of 3 or 5 yr and the dealer actually did a deal, gave a good px on an old 1999 passat (£1,000 despite it not working) and £2,000 off list price as well. No BS like extra for metallic paint and mats as well.

Not as nice plastics as VW but an equivalent spec VW was 1.7 times the price, only a 3 year warranty and given his passat has been a complete headache from 4 years on despite it's impeccable servicing and low mileage he wasn't going to fall for that again.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom