Vaneo Electrics

P

purple_phil

Hi everyone, this is my first post here!

I have a 2002 Vaneo Ambiente Semi auto and think a fuse has blown as the intermittant wiper function no longer works but the two constant speeds do! Also the screen washer does not work or the rear demister!

The only fuse diagram i have is in German!

If anyone has an english fuse diagram then can send me I would be eternally grateful! Also the oil sensor is always going off sometimes warning of too much oil, sometimes too little and the doors sound like they are locking and the interor light comes on sometimes too. If anyone can help with any of these issue it would be great!

Thanks in advance

Phil

skavamareen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vaneo 1.6 Ambiente
Phil,

I have the exact same problem, except at the moment, I also have a flat battery too. I'm wondering if the rear demist switch was on or something - draining the battery but with no way of knowing because the light wasn't working.

Seems too much of a coincidence to me. I have a fuse diagram; it's an orange A3 sheet, I'll have to scan it in, in 4 parts.

Meanwhile, if I can work out which fuse, I'll let you know.

Hugh

skavamareen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vaneo 1.6 Ambiente
Phil,

Please see attached scan. 4 Images. Second column is in English, let me know if you have problems viewing it.

I'm still trying to work it out though - seems to be more than one fuse - I have the same issue: rear wiper, front intermittent wipe, rear demist and front and back window washer.

Hugh

*EDIT* - Sorry, file size too big for upload and unreadable at lower resolutions. I can email if required?

Last edited:

skavamareen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vaneo 1.6 Ambiente
Well, fuse number 17 (a Red 10amp fuse) had burnt out, so I have replaced that.

Unfortunatley, the extreme cold appears to have killed the battery - I gave it a 24hour 2AMP trickle charge and it still failed to turn the engine over, so time for a new battery I think.

The other fuses appear ok and I'm hoping that since fuse 17 also serves the instrument cluster, it is purely that which is causing the other problems - i.e. preventing me from turning on the rear de-mist etc.

I'll know for sure when the battery is replaced - incidentally, the battery looks far from standard, does anyone know whether it is possible to put a 3rd party battery into the enclosure? The biggest problem there seems to be the actual size and shape for it to fit into the battery enclosure.

Hugh

OP
S

Scoot

I had same problem, fuse 17 replaced & all now working.
Previously had a flat bettery when the children turned on the overhead reading lights in rear.

TimHall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vaneo/2003/1.6petrol
Vaneo fuse problem

I too had the same problem, fuse 17 fixed it. Thanks guys. I think the fuse blew when the washer was frozen due to the very cold weather.

I've only had the Vaneo for three weeks and have no owners manual or any other info so your thread saved me searching through all the fuses.

TimHall

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vaneo/2003/1.6petrol
Battery replacement.
My Vaneo was bought as a used car from a Toyota dealer they replaced the battery with one of their own brand - it's exactly the same size and shape as the original.

Tony Russell

Reaction score
Hi,
Glad you're sorted, and sorry I wasn't around earlier.
I have two of these thingsand they are great when they are running, but can be a nightmare when they fail and youu are at the mercy of garage b.llsh.t.

Best thing you can do is spend £40 buying both the Haynes and the Russek manuals as together they cover just about everything.

Tony

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom