W204 07/08 - C220 WONT START

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
As above, although the repair should carry a 2 year warranty.

OP
K

khalad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204, 07/08 C220
No ignition lights although i hear that sound when you turn the key. when i take it out the steering does lock (same as last time). However when i turn the key no ignition. I have checked the fuses. they all good.

Im just waiting on recovery. to take to that dam place again!

OP
K

khalad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204, 07/08 C220
Any costs incurred by yourself as a direct result of poor workmanship/failed parts should be passed on to the dealer.

You know from recent experience they are going to take the P.

Record all phone calls to them and if there's any dispute any further contact with them should be in writing, sent recorded delivery.

Well they wont give me a loan car because i had a 70day disqualification period for SP30 (i was driving 39 on a 30mph) in 2010 march ( i carry no penalty points) thus ill had to hire a car at my own cost which i very much doubt they will pay for them "PEOPLE". I know someone else that always gets a loan car with tones of stuff on his licence but what they hay! pick on the small guy.

Last time they when they supposedly fixed the problem the steering wheel was bent and was telling me by ESP light was on and faulty. As soon as they straighten the steering. and i drove for 1 min the ESP light went off! lol

They made false claims that only MB could repair a Steering lock as it needs some special key. then i find out from lovely people on this forum i could of gone to a SP dealer. at the fraction of the cost!

Looking after 3 young kids (all under 3!) a wife, mum, dad, paying the bills they knew all of this as i told them but they didnt care wanted me to pay the full price with a petty discount!

Yestoday after work i was stuck for 3 and 1/2 hours in freezing temps omg england is very cold!

im thinking of having my iphone on record mode and leaving it in my pocket so i can record convo's but am i allowed to do this? as they will claim its on their property?

Last edited:
OP
K

khalad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204, 07/08 C220
Thanks cool :) got my upgrade for a 128GB couple of days ago time to fill this bad boy up with idiot's who dont know what they doing and trying to con people out of money!

OP
K

khalad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204, 07/08 C220
Well they said they will diagnose it next week.... as they are busy with other work....

Just so i have prepared if it is not the Steering lock and turns out to be the module EIS. How much would one expect this to cost on a W204 Parts and Labour?

Could an independent dealer do the work and get the parts cheaper than the dealer? If so please recommend me some never been to an independent before. I am located in E15 London.

This is so i know i will not agree to anything without knowing the cost of parts and expected labour.

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Any chance you can take a picture on your bad bwoy iphone of the invoice they gave you when you had it fixed last? you can blank out address etc, I just want to see what they charged you for..

:)

OP
K

khalad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204, 07/08 C220
sure here you go.

Attachments

• invoice.jpg
    invoice.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 53

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Mark@rmk I gave your number to a lad at thw Griff Traveller Site I used to run to fix his Vito steering lock. He was happy with your work and I found your number after my esl failed last February.

If it fails again can you do w204 mercedes now?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom