W205 Estate Boot Cover Rail

Himanshu Agarwal

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205/2018/200D
Hi Everyone,

I am sure I am not the first one asking for this, but my 2017 C200D Estate's bootload cover assembly is not working on the left side.
I went to a nearby MB garage to claim for the extended guarantee, but they conveniently refused even to analyze (asking 300 bucks for the analysis) and give me the faulty part number because anything related to the boot is excluded from the extended warranty.
I would like to change the part myself, but I am unable to find any instructions or diagrams, has someone already done this by themselves?
Searching through forums, I found that the part number of the rail is likely A21181003277D43, is it possible to validate if this part is compatible with my car?

Any information will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_165349-min.jpg
    IMG_20200529_165349-min.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 12

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
You might be able to find the part number on this website
http://mbepc.net/1/

The A211... suggests this is for an old model E Class, yours will probably be A205.... but they could possibly be shared parts.

spacebandit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c63s estate w205 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am sure I am not the first one asking for this, but my 2017 C200D Estate's bootload cover assembly is not working on the left side.
I went to a nearby MB garage to claim for the extended guarantee, but they conveniently refused even to analyze (asking 300 bucks for the analysis) and give me the faulty part number because anything related to the boot is excluded from the extended warranty.
I would like to change the part myself, but I am unable to find any instructions or diagrams, has someone already done this by themselves?
Searching through forums, I found that the part number of the rail is likely A21181003277D43, is it possible to validate if this part is compatible with my car?

Any information will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance
Hello, I have a similar fault, my cargo cover is intermittent. Once i operate it, it works all day but when first operated the cover does not retract.. MBB told me it was the left that was faulty. Did you manage to solve yours? I was quoted over £700 to fix. The car is only 5 years old and done under 40k. Its really bad this has failed so early in the cars life

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
The OP has not been on since they posted a while ago.
Did you try some type of specific maintenance spray.

spacebandit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c63s estate w205 2016
The OP has not been on since they posted a while ago.
Did you try some type of specific maintenance spray.
Try small amount of WD-40 seem to work for awhile. Fault is random. I’m told is all software controlled.

It’s very difficult to see how it works. It might even be as simple as the piece of plastic is not retracting far enough to allow the cover to retract.

If that is the case then it could be filed. It’s bad because this is a C 63S which was a very expensive car new and for parts like this to fail doesn’t give me much faith

spacebandit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c63s estate w205 2016
Try small amount of WD-40 seem to work for awhile. Fault is random. I’m told is all software controlled.

It’s very difficult to see how it works. It might even be as simple as the piece of plastic is not retracting far enough to allow the cover to retract.

If that is the case then it could be filed. It’s bad because this is a C 63S which was a very expensive car new and for parts like this to fail doesn’t give me much faith
I did thanks and a small amount of silicon grease to no avail. I tried filming the mechanism in slow motion but it's difficult to see where the fault is. It looks as though when the cover fails to lift the release peg is not moving out of the way to allow the cover to slide up

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom