W210 Front Tyres Worn on Inside - Suspension?

wheels-inmotion

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry WIM, but those sentences demonstrate my point perfectly. No-one who isn't already expert could possibly decipher that lot. Yes, all of the words on their own are intelligible,....

I know you think I'm trying to attack and undermine you, but, I'm not. Honestly.

You have a good repuation for fixing the cars. I have no dispute with that.

You do not need to dress up what you do, you don't need to make it sound more technical than the man in the street can understand, you don't need to sell like a snake oil salesman - what you are offering is better than that.

I don't understand!! how else can i explain the facts?..... The fore/ aft body tilt due to load is called the "rake". Merc offer actual geometric positions depending on that rake, i didn't invent it to look good!!

If members are struggling with the actual terminology of the topic then i suggest they Google it, it's a technical issue!!... You saying "dumb it down" is rubbish.

Particle physics..... that's those little grainy things isn't it?..... Chassis dynamics that's the same as "tracking" isn't it?

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
>>You saying "dumb it down" is rubbish.

I'm not suggesting that dumbing down is the answer - far from it.

But, in your response, there's a glimmer of hope. You explained the technical term "rake". It needs that specific explanation and definition, because it's a word which crops up in other contexts. That made the information you provided much more helpful.

>>I don't understand!! how else can i explain the facts?

Just so, please explain the facts, BUT, remember that the people to whom you're explaining the facts to need more explanation and less jargon than you or your colleagues might be happy with.

Please try to believe me when I say I would be much happier clicking on the thanks button under your posts than struggling via exchanges like tis to try to have them explained.

>>Chassis dynamics that's the same as "tracking" isn't it?

No, no! No dynamics yet! - we haven't got the wheels pointing the right way under static conditions yet! :)

wheels-inmotion

Reaction score
Ok point taken... On reading back my terminology may be deemed as foreign but this was not intentional.

What was the original topic again?

Very off-topic i've had a few members ask we open a new topic relating to the chassis purely because they've enjoyed our banter.... Made me smile and i agree it has been entertaining talking to someone in the know for once.

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
On my part, reading back, I did use some inflammatory language - sorry about that.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I love it when they all live happily ever after :D:D:D

Cheers guys

wheels-inmotion

Reaction score
On my part, reading back, I did use some inflammatory language - sorry about that.

Group hug required.....

In truth it's healthy for a club to have educated debates, this keeps the replies in trim... The hard part for most it holding the fingers back before the brain really absorbs the question.

I confess sometimes i do think "why did i say that!!" but to the observer, seemingly they enjoy it whatever.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Group hug required.....

In truth it's healthy for a club to have educated debates, this keeps the replies in trim... The hard part for most it holding the fingers back before the brain really absorbs the question.

I confess sometimes i do think "why did i say that!!" but to the observer, seemingly they enjoy it whatever.

When they can end this way then yes,very good, everyone wins :D:D:D

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom