W211 RHS door mirror random movement

LucyMoore

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 (face-lift) W211 E320cdi Sport
Hi,
The driver's (rhs) door mirror on my w211 e class has developed a mine of its own . It will be fine for ages then will, for no apparent reason, tilt itself up as far as it will go and the door controls won't bring it back down.

There also seems to be an issue with the heating on that mirror not functioning.

I've had the mirror apart and done continuity checks on the wiring, as my first thought was the usual broken wires, but they all buzzed out fine, and the revised design of the mirror looks like there's no real stress points for the wiring when the mirror folds.

I'm fairly sure it's to do with water penetration as this time it started after I'd had the car washed, and it seems to only really happen in the winter months.

My current thought is that the door control module may be faulty. Had anyone else had and solved this issue?

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I had a CLK last week where the indicator and mirror on the left side were doing strange things. Turned out that a previous repair had been undertaken and the wiring plug for the DCM had been placed outside of the door panel soundproofing allowing water to enter the plug and sending the CAN interior network into meltdown.

It could be the DCM that is faulty on yours, but I would carry out some solid diagnosis to confirm that rather than guess.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom