W213 220d engine management light on

Petergordon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2017
My garage checked and said NOX SENSOR failure but main dealer needs to do ,booked car in with main dealer but 2 days later engine management light gone out ; 220d does this car have a regenerative system so it cleans out ,should I still go to main dealer Tuesday as booked ,car running fine

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
My garage checked and said NOX SENSOR failure but main dealer needs to do ,booked car in with main dealer but 2 days later engine management light gone out ; 220d does this car have a regenerative system so it cleans out ,should I still go to main dealer Tuesday as booked ,car running fine
Its will have a DPF, the engine lights is programmed to go out after so many ignition cycles. Think it could be 20 or 30? Not 100% sure. The car won't regen if in limp mode which will cost a fortune if blocked. Best to get sorted really.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
We are seeing a lot of problems with NOx sensors on here and you should find that Mercedes will make a decent contribution to the cost even though your car is out of warranty. Have you had a emissions related software update recently? A lot of NOx sensor faults seem to follow this update.

OP
P

Petergordon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2017
Thankyou

OP
P

Petergordon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2017
Its will have a DPF, the engine lights is programmed to go out after so many ignition cycles. Think it could be 20 or 30? Not 100% sure. The car won't regen if in limp mode which will cost a fortune if blocked. Best to get sorted really.
Thankyou

ssheikh93

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E220d
Where are you based?

OP
P

Petergordon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2017
Cambridge why

Djhypersp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 coupe
I had my engine light come on with a nox sensor fault, went off after a few restarts then came back on again. Took it to merc Cambridge and they replaced both sensors foc out of warranty

OP
P

Petergordon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2017
I had my engine light come on with a nox sensor fault, went off after a few restarts then came back on again. Took it to merc Cambridge and they replaced both sensors foc out of warranty
Thankyou that’s where I am going Tuesday

OP
P

Petergordon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 estate 2017
Would you mind me asking how much they charged you ,as I am booked in Tuesday MERC ,Barnwell road ,Cambridge

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Would you mind me asking how much they charged you ,as I am booked in Tuesday MERC ,Barnwell road ,Cambridge
foc = Free of Charge

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
foc = Free of Charge
They’ll most likely charge a £100+ diagnostic fee which if the work is covered under warranty you’ll get back.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Do you talk to yourself at home ?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom