What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
It is very hard to drive un-sensibly these days with so many average speed cameras and unmarked cars about, you just have to know the right place and time for increased fuel consumptions.......................... :D
Exactly. There is a fabulous piece of dual carriageway around 8 miles long between Poole and Weymouth that the car would be in its element. But its patrolled by traffic police as its a well known place to plant the foot. I restrained myself, just, hence the reasonable MPG figure.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I replaced the rear pads, disks and sesnor on the W220, then changed the gbox oil (difference was clearly evident).

I also replaced the wheel bolts on the W251. The originals were showing some surface rust and not something I like to catch my eye.

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
I replaced the rear pads, disks and sesnor on the W220, then changed the gbox oil (difference was clearly evident).

I also replaced the wheel bolts on the W251. The originals were showing some surface rust and not something I like to catch my eye.
Gearbox service on the W220 is vital and makes sense every 37000 miles, i had the rear diff oil replaced and my indie said it needed doing badly as the old oil was really goopy, drives so much better when it was done :)

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Gave the R172 a wash and took it for it's MOT. Passed with advisories on the rear inner tyre edges approaching min and slight play in front wheel bearings. I am not going to start a thread on what tyres I should get, honest....... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Gave the R172 a wash and took it for it's MOT. Passed with advisories on the rear inner tyre edges approaching min and slight play in front wheel bearings. I am not going to start a thread on what tyres I should get, honest....... :rolleyes:
But how do you drive an auto to get that tyre wear? ;)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Exactly. There is a fabulous piece of dual carriageway around 8 miles long between Poole and Weymouth that the car would be in its element. But its patrolled by traffic police as its a well known place to plant the foot. I restrained myself, just, hence the reasonable MPG figure.

It is a pity that dual carriageway wasn't there in the early eighties.....:D I had to make do with a short dual carriageway in Wallisdown, unfortunately there was a traffic cop and he pinged me in the 450se doing over 60, it was a 40 zone. I told the cop that I was heading to NZ the next day, in which he replied, 'here is you ticket, you can take your documents to a police station near you' :rolleyes: My Mother-In-law got a knock on the door a week later. They were asking for me! Said that I had gone to live in New Zealand......didn't hear anymore :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
It is a pity that dual carriageway wasn't there in the early eighties.....:D I had to make do with a short dual carriageway in Wallisdown, unfortunately there was a traffic cop and he pinged me in the 450se doing over 60, it was a 40 zone. I told the cop that I was heading to NZ the next day, in which he replied, 'here is you ticket, you can take your documents to a police station near you' :rolleyes: My Mother-In-law got a knock on the door a week later. They were asking for me! Said that I had gone to live in New Zealand......didn't hear anymore :)
I know the bit of road your are referring to. Now has a fixed camera in one direction.
You really do need your wits about you if you want to enjoy a bit of spirited driving. (On an empty road of course)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know the bit of road your are referring to. Now has a fixed camera in one direction.
You really do need your wits about you if you want to enjoy a bit of spirited driving. (On an empty road of course)

There real spoilers now :rolleyes:
When you drive the same roads every day you get to know the camera's and cops sit, some are really sneaky. I have one piece of dual carriageway which is good for me :D

Deanbob

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200
Ahhh the satisfaction of a 'home fix'.

Both wing mirrors refused to fold out even though I had the auto fold/open when locking and unlocking car set. Prior to this happening I had folded in the mirrors with the switch only to find the fold out option switch no longer functioned so no movement at all from the mirrors - switch problem I thought.
Then I came across this -
... if the mirrors are in and the Out switch doesn't work you can disconnect the cable from the switch and momentarily short pins 2 and 5 - the mirrors will then fold out.
So removed the side panel from the dash to expose the fuses and the rear of the switch, unclipped the wiring harness from the switch shorted pins 2 and 5 and out they popped with that reassuring mechanical whirring noise. Now that they have been freed by the switch they fold and unfold with the key as they should. Of course I need to rectify the failed switch which I will order from ebay - cheapest fix!
I’ve got the exact same issue - would love to hear more details, where is the switch?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
6 hours to do 190 miles and 31mph :(
Shopped again on the M61
Top up as well, not good top down weather!

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Well, got the correct stalk back on the steering column and all "indications" are good that the problem is solved. Also fitted a new air inlet tube that runs across the front to the air filter that had despite being re-glued several times decided to unwind. A Chinese part but looks good quality for a non-critical job at a fraction of the cost of an OE part not something I would normally buy but better than a disintegrating 15 year old one. Also a little strip that seals the front of the plastic engine cover to the head which had split, I don't know it's purpose but for a few € for an OE part it was easy.
Now just faced with an ongoing battle with AutoD why their site lists 2 "compatible"parts for the indicator stalk without a method of using the VIN whereas Oscaro have them listed in VIN order and detailed photos as well. Their reply so far is it's up to you to select the correct part and any return will be at your expense. Odd that in these times where online sales are booming they take an attitude that would see them hammered on Amazon or ebay were I've never had a problem with misleading listings for return or reimbursement.
For instance just recently I had a car cover bought through ebay on the Golf start to part at a seam which I had noted to the manufacturer 7 months ago was too tight a fit. An immediate reply followed by a slightly bigger cover delivered FOC from Poland in 5 days. The cover I have on the Mercedes is now over 18 months old and still showing little signs of wear and will be replaced with another later next year.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom