WHAT PRESSURE CLEANER

MIW615

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 SPORT & 230SLK
Need to replace my old Karcher - Any recommendations - basically I need a pressure washer that is capable of cleaning cars, one patio and a small drive

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I have a Bosch one, very good

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is there that much difference, I mean that 110lb pressure is 110lb.

Look at the difference in the prices of the extra's, the rotating lance is the only way to clean the patio quickly, look at the extension lead price as well.

I have 3 kärcher washers, the bits mentioned can cost more than the machine.

kimbos1961

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c250 AMG sports estate (w204)
i just got a kercher k2 with attachments for car and patio
kim

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I'm on my second Lavor Tiger after the first one got nicked. The plastic connectors etc on the lances weren't up to much, but I found a bloke on Ebay selling proper metal lances (jet and turbo) which are now about 8 years old and still going strong. Our patio takes 4 hours to pressure wash, and I have to do it 3-4 times a year, so it gets plenty of use!

survey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C207 E250cdi Sport Coupe
I use a Nilfisk. Unfortunately many parts have failed but all credit to Nilfisk they have replaced items for me at no cost.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The thing to remember with pressure washers is not the absolute pressure. You need to look at flow rate in litres per hour. The higher the better and the better at cleaning. 420lph or higher is ample for home use.

I have a Nilfisk E140 which is very good and has been my workhorse PW for the past few years. Cleaning everything from the car to the patio. 140bar but crucially 500lph flow.

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=4626

It has been superseded by the E145 now which gives a better flow rate.

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=13384

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
:shock: Christ! How big's your patio?

I'm a bit slower these days - due to age! Partly it's an awkward shape, partly it's the amount of crap that accumulates from the rather large oak tree that overhangs a lot of it - leading to too much bird crap, along with the bat crap we also get (sticks worse than the proverbial to a hairy blanket!).

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I'm a bit slower these days - due to age! Partly it's an awkward shape, partly it's the amount of crap that accumulates from the rather large oak tree that overhangs a lot of it - leading to too much bird crap, along with the bat crap we also get (sticks worse than the proverbial to a hairy blanket!).
We used to get the Bat deposits in a previous house. I found Jeyes Fluid helped to shift it a lot easier after leaving it to soak for a few minutes.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
We used to get the Bat deposits in a previous house. I found Jeyes Fluid helped to shift it a lot easier after leaving it to soak for a few minutes.

I know bats are protected, but are you allowed to pressure wash them??? ;)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
dad has had a karcher pressure washer for about 15 years. the switch failed (in the 'on' position so no big deal) and it has been more than adequate for our needs, although its not that heavily used now due to failing health, it still tackles bigger jobs (when its most needed) without issue

Boxbrownie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350Cdi BE but now a Q3
I had a Karcher I bought in France back in the 80's, it worked brilliantly for about 30 years (as long as it was topped up with oil each year), unfortunately it expired recently and upon taking into a Karcher agent for repairs he suggested I donate it to the British Museum, funny guy!
I replaced it with a cheap and cheerful PW next time there was one in Aldi, absolutely brilliant, loads of toys with it and even came with an adapter to enable the use of Karcher accessories (clever these chaps).
It cost probably a tenth in real terms what the Karcher did, and works just as well.

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I bought a small karcher off an ebay seller who refurbishes them (officially).
this thing has been to hell and back and still working.. plus all the old pressure washers parts fit the small cheaper one !

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom