WHAT PRESSURE CLEANER

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I'm a bit slower these days - due to age! Partly it's an awkward shape, partly it's the amount of crap that accumulates from the rather large oak tree that overhangs a lot of it - leading to too much bird crap, along with the bat crap we also get (sticks worse than the proverbial to a hairy blanket!).

Thats my next job coming up, 10m x 5m at the rear plus another 7m x 4m front, plus all the steps and lower walk ways. I wait till it rains and do it in the rain.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
A cyclone nozzle helps do it quicker than those so called patio cleaning attachments I've found.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A cyclone nozzle helps do it quicker than those so called patio cleaning attachments I've found.

Yes I use the spinning head lance, though I have the rotating brush versions. I would never go back to a straight simple lance.

littlewimp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 55 Amg
kranzle

You wont go far wrong with a Kranzle HD K 7/122 , my brother-in-law has a small hire company and he's been hiring these out for years with no issues, not the cheapest around but you get what you pay for!

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I use a cheap Lidl model complete with three year warranty after a few weeks it stopped working so they sent me a new one.

Then the "old" one started working again I rang and told them and they said just keep it :D

With the patio cleaner it works pretty well for £80.

You have to spend many times this to get much better performance and there still unreliable.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I have the "patio cleaner" attachment for this PW, also had one for my first PW - both absolutely useless! As above, best tool is the turbo lance and patience, I seldom use the regular fan lance for anything (I don't use the PW on either car!).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the "patio cleaner" attachment for this PW, also had one for my first PW - both absolutely useless! As above, best tool is the turbo lance and patience, I seldom use the regular fan lance for anything (I don't use the PW on either car!).

I would never use one on the car Chris either, they are not designed to have high pressure water spraying in. I have used one on the wheels before now, but I can do it quicker and safer with a bowl of soapy water and a shallow washing up brush than the time it takes to get the PW out and away again.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I use the PW on the car. But mine has variable pressure lance. PW is perfectly safe on a car as long as you don't get too close and don't hold it in one spot for a while. I don't get any closer to the car than about 2ft.

Except when I clean off the engine after degreasing. But that gets done with great care and the lance on the lowest pressure setting.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi

Thats odd I find it far far better than the lance on its own maybe yours is faulty or something.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The patio cleaner on mine is better than the lance. But not the cyclone lance.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I use the PW on the car. But mine has variable pressure lance. PW is perfectly safe on a car as long as you don't get too close and don't hold it in one spot for a while. I don't get any closer to the car than about 2ft.

Except when I clean off the engine after degreasing. But that gets done with great care and the lance on the lowest pressure setting.

I had a small section of clear lacquer stripped off my Focus by one of our Eastern European friends car wash. Held the pressure washer far too close and was an accident waiting to happen. I now handwash my cars only and no pressure washer in sight.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Touch wood, with all the cars I've detailed and all the times I've cleaned my own I haven't ever caused damage with a PW.

I don't know of a professional detailer who doesn't use one. That's not to say there isn't nor am I saying you should use a PW. But the more cr@p you can take off the car before touching with a wash mitt the better.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
I do use PWs but won't let anyone else near my car with one.

Johnny Car Wash chappies invariably think lacquer and window seals are bullet-proof! Even caught one using the nozzle tip to remove some stubborn bird cack... whilst the trigger was still depressed! :evil:

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I am cleaning stone so it may work differently.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I found the patio cleaner attachment good on wood. It takes a bit longer but the cyclone attachment would cause damage.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I found the patio cleaner attachment good on wood. It takes a bit longer but the cyclone attachment would cause damage.

I have used the rotary head lance for 15 years on my wooden decking, its all like new.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I've never tried it to be honest. The decking that was in a previous house wasn't put in by us and it wasn't exactly good quality. Knowing how quick it got rid of dirt on the paving stones etc I didn't want to risk trying it.

Boxbrownie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350Cdi BE but now a Q3
Just about to start cleaning the patios here.......but would be very careful using on wood as the spray can lift the surface and you end up with wood fibres on the surface.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just about to start cleaning the patios here.......but would be very careful using on wood as the spray can lift the surface and you end up with wood fibres on the surface.

Never had any wood fibres yet after intensive washing, it as good as when I put it up, its never been treated either. I will pop up pictures in a few days, I built all this raised decking in 1997 and still like new, this is the 2010 wash.
DSC01003_zpsrdbuoikh.jpg

DSC01001_zps1fw05nwb.jpg

DSC01002_zpszxexf7co.jpg

Boxbrownie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350Cdi BE but now a Q3
As I said Malcolm it can happen if your not careful, easier to cause the problem on softwood than hardwood.

I am pleased your decking is of good quality and your careful......;)

Last edited:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom