Any F1 fans

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
It might not actually be a bad thing, he’s really worked well with the Team and become the number one driver there

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I see the new F1 guy is not a fan of Vettel & Hamilton, he doesn't like them sticking up for the LBGT community or speaking up for diversity in F1.
I think his latest interview is going to expose him as having typical middle eastern values which are at odds with the rest of the developed world and will bite him big time in the future.
And I thought the FIA hit rock bottom at the last race of the season when they manipulated Hamilton to lose a record eighth title, maybe that was just the beginning of their slide further downhill?

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
I see the new F1 guy is not a fan of Vettel & Hamilton, he doesn't like them sticking up for the LBGT community or speaking up for diversity in F1.
I think his latest interview is going to expose him as having typical middle eastern values which are at odds with the rest of the developed world and will bite him big time in the future.
And I thought the FIA hit rock bottom at the last race of the season when they manipulated Hamilton to lose a record eighth title, maybe that was just the beginning of their slide further downhill?
Excuse my ignorance but, who is the new guy?

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I'm guessing he's referring to Mohammed bin Sulayem.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I'm guessing he's referring to Mohammed bin Sulayem.
Yes and he will be the driving force behind the insistence that Hamilton removes his nose piercing.
It is no coincidence that the rule has existed since 2005 or whenever, but has only actually been enforced this year.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Yes and he will be the driving force behind the insistence that Hamilton removes his nose piercing.
It is no coincidence that the rule has existed since 2005 or whenever, but has only actually been enforced this year.

No, it is the Race Directors that are insisting

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As they are part of the FIA and impartial they shouldn't not be directed by the bosses of F1, in theory!

I think there is a certain paranoia about making sure the rules are adhered to in every detail following the controversy of last year

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I think that it's telling that bin Sulayem has been quoted this week saying that F1 drivers should stick to racing and not be involved in other interests. He specifically mentions Hamilton and Vettel and their stance on certain social issues.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
I think that it's telling that bin Sulayem has been quoted this week saying that F1 drivers should stick to racing and not be involved in other interests. He specifically mentions Hamilton and Vettel and their stance on certain social issues.
Maybe he should take his own advice and stick to selling oil :)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
No, it is the Race Directors that are insisting
Of course the race directors are enforcing the rule because that is their job.
I said that the FIA president is the driving force behind it and my opinion has not changed.
Mohammed Ben Sulayem' s religion forbids men to have body piercings.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I said that the FIA president is the driving force behind it and my opinion has not changed.
Speculation

Mohammed Ben Sulayem' s religion forbids men to have body piercings.

He issued a statement about everything this morning and his input into the rules etc, it included parts about his background and religion and how it is irrelevant as F1 is a global sport, was covered by SKY F1 at the start of the programme for FP1.

The rules are the rules, the fact they haven't been fully enforced until now is irrelevant, HAM would have been aware of them from the start of his career

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
A lot of people are unhappy with the FIA and the manner in which they run F1, last year's ending to the season was only the start. I'm told that even Liberty have discussed sidelining the FIA and making sure that they have less involvement in F1.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom