Search results

1. CrustyClam

Ml350 2010 4 matic diesel. Rain Water Leak

Biggest leak I had was via a sneaky seal hidden behind plastic trim, This caused quite a bit of water in the boot for me. new seal was just over £4 at the time I bought it. Once in I surrounded with a good outdoor weather sealant.
  2. CrustyClam

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Fitted a new antinoise capsule, a fancy name for an undertray. A few Mercedes clips, nuts and bolts to boost the price. Had to do a little work around due to a snapped plastic fixing point. Unable to workaround a snapped off bolt blocking a main fixing point, but feels secure. Need to pickup...
  3. CrustyClam

Inflated the tires with my trusted tyre inflator of 7 years. Been a bit slack recently so the psi was down to 30 to 32 on all 4 tyres. I'd just about finished getting the 4th tyre to 35psi when the inflater gave up and blew the 15A cig lighter fuse. Fuse replaced. Search for a new one begins.
  4. CrustyClam

Got stung

I found the update software to be a bit rubbish. If you manually type the serial number it didn't work, but if you have the scan tool on and open the software it reads the serial number in (the same one that I typed) and then works.
  5. CrustyClam

Went for a drive around snake pass and some surrounding roads, saw a car hit a verge followed by a post and flip onto its roof. Weird though it looked like it was going so slow. Had I not reviewed the dash cam footage I'd be thinking how did it even happen. The footage is getting transferred to...
  6. CrustyClam

ML 164 Battery light

Similar to when the serpentine belt shredded on mine. Started with the battery light and loss of all electrical functions in the end. Idler pulley had given up on life.
  7. CrustyClam

Went for a drive to Horseshoe Pass, stopped at the Ponderosa Cafe for a quick coffee
  8. CrustyClam

Picked it up from my local Indy. Service completed, including a transmission fluid & filter change. Coolant thermostat also replaced, had a p0128 code that came up a week prior (good timing, since it was booked in for the service. Spoke to them and they ordered the part in and fitted at short...
  9. CrustyClam

Annoyingly a sidewall hit on a new tyre this year. New tyre now fitted to the wife's A class.
  10. CrustyClam

Did an oil and filter change (An in between the yearly). Think I pumped it to much though, at one point it looked like it would implode.
  11. CrustyClam

Thanks for the tip, didn't know they existed
  12. CrustyClam

2 bottles of wynn's gold petrol treatment, a top up of v-power and a drive out to WInnats pass.
  13. CrustyClam

Drove Warrington to Whitchurch (A49), with a slight detour on the way back due to an accident involving a police car. Cracking drive, seems a popular route for motorcycles, and sporty cars. Will be going again since it's on my doorstep.
  14. CrustyClam

Trip to the garden centre, amongst others made up for an excuse to drive. Parked at the far end of the car park as usual to avoid other car door dinks.
  15. CrustyClam

Hopefully not much, I'll be keeping a keen eye out on tyre wear though. Turning circle will be a little worse I suspect, and may shorten lifespan of wheel bearings. My mileage is very low so in the grand scheme I hope that negative effects will be minimal.
  16. CrustyClam

It's only the very bottom, and even before the spacers fitted it was the same, a little poke. The top is flush with the outside of the arch extension now. The arch extensions always seemed a bit wasted...they were crying out to be filled
  17. CrustyClam

Spacers fitted during the brief respite from the rain this evening. Looks much better imo, quite a subtle improvement.
  18. CrustyClam

Washed and spray waxed. Not looking bad for 15 years. Ordered some 25mm H&R DRA spacers yesterday, the arch extensions look a little unfilled.
Top Bottom