270 cdi

1. Benny Dub

2003 C270 CDi performance upgrades

Evening all - I'm now about 4 months back into Mercedes ownership - I sold my W208 a couple years ago but needing something a bit more economic, comfy and practical than my old MG I've got myself a 2003 W203 wagon, C270 CDi. I plan to get a bit more power out of it, and although was initially...
  2. C

270 TD or 320 petrol engine tuning

Hi chaps, long and short, I'm considering chopping my X Trail in against an ML W163 of some description. This will be used as my towing car for camping holidays as well as day to day for SWMBO and kiddywinkle. Looking on AT etc I can see a few in my price range- I don't want to go above...
  3. S

Fuel line adventure

Hello all. I have rough idling and occasional slow starting in my c270 cdi so I took your advice and replaced the o rings. I changed 4 of the o rings today, the one by the fuel filter, the rail and the 2 on the fuel pump. It seems to be slightly better now and there are no bubbles when it is...
  4. A

270 CDI failing to robustly start after injector seal replacement

Hello All. I would appreciate some help. I few weeks ago - I replaced injector number 5 copper seal because it was blowing gases and partial combustion tar. Before this - the vehicle started every time, even it is was a longer crank than originally known. To remove the injector, I used a...
  5. I

Bi xenon bulb replacement W211 270E... Without headlamp removal?

Title kind of says it all ! My passenger side headlamp unit has just been replaced as part of an insurance fix and I now have two mismatched lighting levels on the heads ( unsurprisingly as the drivers one is original I think) I have bought a part of 5000k D2S bulbs from...
  6. S

First Time Buying Advice???

Hi guys, new to this forum and MB. Looking to join the club and have my eyes on a nice looking CLK 270 (2005). I've read up on them abit and they seem pretty good. But what do you guys think/ what should I look for? Is it reliable? (electrical,engine,trans) Is it ecomical? (I've read about...
  7. N

Mercedes 270cdi W211, only drives in first gear

Hi, yesterday I suddenly had a problem with my car. It shifts gears when it goes from P-R-N-D, but when I start driving it won't shift! It only goes in first gear. It won't let me change the gears manually either. The W/S button has also stopped working. The car doesn't show any...
  8. W

2004 CLK 270 CDi MANUAL

All, i am looking to purchase a 2004 CLK cdi, manual. Does anyone know whether this one suffers from the leaking VALEO radiator problem? Is there any way of finding out its year of manufacture? It is a 78,000 car with a FMBSH and two owners from new. Any advice welcome.
  9. H

mercedes amazing phone system!!

I have a Nokia 3610i in a UHI console installed in a 270cdi coupe (2004) I've just bought the car, very fine, but the phone system is absurd!! The phone works fine when removed from the cradle, when inserted in the cradle a little car symbol appears in the 3610i's screen, and the phone charges...
  10. H

Telephones!!

I have a Nokia 3610i in a UHI console installed in a 270cdi coupe (2004) I've just bought the car, very fine, but the phone system is absurd!! The phone works fine when removed from the cradle, when inserted in the cradle a little car symbol appears in the 3610i's screen, and the phone charges...
  11. M

Auto Transmission Problem on 270 CDi

Hi, my 270 CDi does something strange occasionally. A quick depression of the gas pedal sometimes causes the transmission to disengage completely. Instead of changing down it effectively goes into neutral and you are left travelling at speed with the engine revving. Moving the gear selector into...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom