1999 CLK 230 Convertible, roof problem

scorpio7a

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
99 230 CLK convertible
Hi

I have had this car for over 3 months now (so no warranty left :( ) and today, after a whole 3 months of perfect roof removal, it decided to play up!

Released the catch, pressed the button, roof starts to fold up, boot lid opens, tries to fold down, but the boot hasn't lifted properly, so the roof gets stuck! I had to manually hold open the boot, while simultaneously folding the roof down, drove home, parked up and tried to put the roof up with success.

Thinking this was a one off, I go round and about, bit of sunshine, decide to try the roof again (Yes I am a fool!) Same problem where it gets stuck as the boot lid doesn't hold up properly. Only this time, when I arrive home, same problem with the boot lid prevents the roof from closing properly. Please please don't tell me it is the expensive pump that needs replacing :(

Thanks

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Get the roof shut and leave it, then find a indi close to you who has star and get the codes read, theres so many mini switchs, thats the first call, it wont be pump!

Welcome to the forums

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Just reread your post, sounds more like a leaking ram, again, a good indi should quickly trace the fault!

OP
S

scorpio7a

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
99 230 CLK convertible
Hi S-A-M / U-N-I-T

Thanks for the welcome and the speedy reply.

Have searched online and found a local garage and have emailed them.

Thanks for your help :)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom