2004 C180K Won't fire but cranks

CClassNewbie

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180k 2004
Hi everyone, am looking for some inspiration please!

Have just brought a 2004 C Class 180K. Replaced alternator (was told that was why it had broken down) and a brand new battery (as was told that was dead) but now it won't start.~

He did say it went into Limp mode and that this would need resetting before it would drive. But I am having trouble getting a mobile mechanic with the diagnostic equipment to do this.

I have tried resetting the ECU/TCU and key via the following advice:

1. disconnect negative battery terminal for min 10 minutes and reconnect
  2. disconnect both battery terminals and join together for min 1 minute and reconnect
  3. turn key to on, hold accelerator for 5 secs, turn key off but do not remove, release the accelerator. Leave for min 2 mins
  4. turn key on, hold lock button and remain holding throughout. Turn key off and remove Press unlock 5 consecutive times and then release lock

Have tried all of these and still the engine turns over but does not fire up!

PLEASE any suggestions, experience, solutions greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure there will be plenty of expertise along shortly. I think you need to get the codes read on some sort of a reliable reader iCarsoft is a favorite of mine if you can't get to a garage with Star as it could be anything from CPS to the alarm system.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom