2004 e320 w211 intermittent no speedo, direction indicators, air con, windows

rogerjames99

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e320 2004 cdi
I have an intermittent problem that is driving me nuts. With increasingly frequency my wife's e320 when started has no speedo display, no air con, no direction indicator function or display, no electric window function. All other displays on the central console e.g. air temperature work fine, and the engine starts and runs OK. So it looks like the central console module is still working OK, but power has been removed from the other systems. Could this be an issue with the immobiliser. Doing a battery disconnect reset restores everything to working again, as does locking the car leaving it for 20 minutes and unlocking it.

The first time this happened we thought it was caused by the battery failing. Fitting a new battery fixed things and the problem went away for a year. When it happened again my local mechanic said there was a problem with a slow battery drain. The local Mercedes dealer said the problem was in the cabin pre heater and it would cost £1800 quid to repair and £1500 quid just to disable it. I told them I would just keep the battery charged.

However, the problem has suddenly started happening much more frequently.

Has any one got any ideas on what is going on? Could it be an immobiliser problem? Maybe triggered by low battery voltage.

Thanks,

Roger

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Best part of a year old post, would hope he has it fixed by now :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Some odd answers in the original post, some do not add up, up must say something sensible on STAR.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thats good, it sounds a horrible fault, I was on a forced holiday when it was posted:D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom